“No Violence Against Women” Project
Marge Simpson stands despondently with a black eye next to a grinning, vacant Homer. A trickle of blood comes from Lois Griffin’s nose as Peter drapes his arm around her. Wonder Woman has Superman’s hand clasped over her mouth, while Snow White lies battered at the feet of Prince Charming.
These illustrations are the work of an artist who has put a sinister spin on iconic animations in order to highlight the disturbing realities of domestic abuse. No Violence Against Women is a project by Italian artist and activist AleXsandro Palombo, 40, who is based in Milan. It forces its audience to confront the plight some women go through under the pretence of a happy relationship or family.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s