The Adventures Of Fish And Chips
Lindsay Richards decided she wanted a cat. Lain Roby agreed after seeing cats on the site Adventure Cats. So the couple adopted Fish, and took him on many outdoor adventures. A few months later, they adopted Chips, who become Fish’s little brother and constant companion. Both cats were leashed trained from an early age, and are used to riding in cars, boats, and backpacks.
The best reactions we get from people when we're out hiking are the ones where the person is genuinely shocked. When they had absolutely no idea it was possible to take your cat hiking. These are our favourites because the more people who know it's possible, the more who will try and the more kitties that will get to live happy lives outside adventuring with their humans. ?✌️
We usually get pretty positive/funny responses from strangers we encounter on the trails but today we had one that bothered us. This man was walking with his dogs off leash and he said "hiking with cats, well that's not a good idea on a trail with dogs." We pick up our cats every time a dog walks by and we've never had an issue. Most people are great and will hold their dog if they see us coming. If your dog is aggressive you shouldn't be walking it off leash. If you can't handle your dog that's not our problem. What gives you and your dog the right to walk on the trails but not us and our cats? Is it because it's not what you consider "normal"? It was just such an ignorant thing to say and said in the rudest tone. ?Any other adventure cat owners out there have similar encounters?
We get a lot of questions about the harnesses that we use so I just wanted to explain a bit. We use two different types: Petsafe's Easy Walk Come With Me Kitty harness, which is the one Chips is wearing here, and a Jump mesh vest dog harness that Fish usually wears. This one is very similar to the Puppia one you can purchase off of the @adventurecatsorg website, however we bought both of ours from the local @petvalu We found the Petsafe ones were great for both of them when they were kittens, they're very adjustable and come with a bungee leash. Fish ended up growing out of his and we decided to get him something with a little more support because he's pretty strong for a cat and we felt better about him pulling against the mesh one. We tried one of the mesh harnesses with Chips but have recently gone back to the Petsafe one. He has shorter legs and tends to walk a little bit like a skunk sometimes and we found that he looked much more comfortable in this one. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions! ??
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- These Handmade 3D Cookie Frostings Will Blow Your Mind
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- Beautiful Photos of Brigitte Bardot During the Filming of “Les Femmes,” 1969
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- Stunning Digital Female Portraits By Irakli Nadar