Winning Photo From The Agora #reflections2019 Contest Hides A Shocking Truth About Global Warming
‘Walking on ice’ by @uglefisk
AGORA images is a free-to-use photography app that has been rewarding the world’s biggest prizes in global photo contests since 2017. This year’s #Reflections contest winner is Paal Uglefisk, from Norway whose incredible shot has won him $1,000!
Paal has been a devoted nature photographer for the past 10 years, specialised in capturing wildlife and landscapes shots in the remote arctic island of Svalbard, especially polar bears and glaciers. You can check out the contest winning photo, the top finalists along with some other gorgeous behind-the-scenes footage below! Head on to the AGORA app to upload your best shots for a chance to become the next Hero in our future contests!
The shot was taken in the Svalbard Islands during one of Paal’s boat expedition, where the Norwegian photographer managed to catch the polar bear walking over puddles on ice thanks to the reflection on water. This picture dramatically highlights the effects of global warming melting the Arctic ice, without which polar bears struggle to hunt and get food.
The symbolic side of the picture is very strong, showing an endangered animal in its natural element, that is also disappearing. Paal hopes that his work will help people to become aware of emergency to preserve our landscapes and species.
Check out Paal’s incredible behind-the-scenes footage:
Have a look at the #Reflections2019 Top 50 finalist entries:
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- Facebook Group Photoshops Plus-Sized Women To ‘Inspire’ Them To Lose Weight
- Obama, Merkel, And Putin As Leading Actors In Famous Movies
- 45 Rare And Amazing Color Photographs Of Behind The Scenes From The Set Of ‘Alien’, 1979
- Honest Logos That Reflect Unfortunate Truths About Transnational Multi-Billion-Dollar Conglomerates By Viktor Hertz
- 25 Year Old British Man Dresses As A 19th Century Regency Gentleman In Bespoke Clothing He Designs
- An Artist Made Stunning Illustrations About Modern Society
- Classic Rock And New Wave Songs Brilliantly Reimagined As Vintage Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
- Fantastic Pencil Sculptures By Jasenko Đorđević
- Fantastic Digital Art & Photo Manipulations By Cristian Girotto