Winning Photo From The Agora #reflections2019 Contest Hides A Shocking Truth About Global Warming
‘Walking on ice’ by @uglefisk
AGORA images is a free-to-use photography app that has been rewarding the world’s biggest prizes in global photo contests since 2017. This year’s #Reflections contest winner is Paal Uglefisk, from Norway whose incredible shot has won him $1,000!
Paal has been a devoted nature photographer for the past 10 years, specialised in capturing wildlife and landscapes shots in the remote arctic island of Svalbard, especially polar bears and glaciers. You can check out the contest winning photo, the top finalists along with some other gorgeous behind-the-scenes footage below! Head on to the AGORA app to upload your best shots for a chance to become the next Hero in our future contests!
The shot was taken in the Svalbard Islands during one of Paal’s boat expedition, where the Norwegian photographer managed to catch the polar bear walking over puddles on ice thanks to the reflection on water. This picture dramatically highlights the effects of global warming melting the Arctic ice, without which polar bears struggle to hunt and get food.
The symbolic side of the picture is very strong, showing an endangered animal in its natural element, that is also disappearing. Paal hopes that his work will help people to become aware of emergency to preserve our landscapes and species.
Check out Paal’s incredible behind-the-scenes footage:
Have a look at the #Reflections2019 Top 50 finalist entries:
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- Artist Creates 16 Types Of Designer Packaging For Food Products To Show The Absurdity Of Brands
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers