Stunning Photographs Taken By Stanley Kubrick That Capture Street Scenes of New York City In The 1940s
Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999) was an American film director, writer, producer, and photographer who lived in England during most of the last four decades of his career.
Kubrick was noted for the scrupulous care with which he chose his subjects, his slow method of working, the variety of genres he worked in, his technical perfectionism, his reluctance to talk about his films, and his reclusiveness. He maintained almost complete artistic control, making movies according to his own whims and time constraints, but with the rare advantage of big-studio financial support for all his endeavors.
Before Stanley Kubrick was a filmmaker, he was a New York City-based photojournalist for Look magazine. His photography career began in 1945 when Kubrick sold a photo to Look (he was just 17 at the time.) From 1946 to 1950, Kubrick worked for the magazine, completing more than 300 assignments documenting the sights and people of New York City.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- An Artist llustrates The Sad Truth Of Modern Life: Thought-Provoking, Clever And Funny Illustrations By Marco Melgrati
- Russian Woman Who Suffered From Alopecia Now Has Beautiful Long Hair
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- The Superb Black And White Photography By Jason M. Peterson
- Pastry Artist Dinara Kasko’s Sculptural Cakes Are Carved From Sheets Of Chocolate
- “Redheads”: Marvelous Portrait Photography By Erika Parfenova
- This “Unspirational” Instagram Account Is For People Who Hate Inspirational Quotes
- This Elderly Couple Bought Their Household Appliances In 1950s, 50 Years Later They Still Work!
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- Molten Glass Is Hand Blown Into These Wood Pieces To Make Contemporary Sculptures
- #ICouldHaveBeen: Kering Foundation Campaigns To End Violence Against Women
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Black Women From Washington, D.C.’s Scurlock Studio
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- Photographer Mayan Toledano Captures Daily Routines Of Female Israeli Soldiers
- Remarkable Photos Of Manhattan By Berenice Abbott From 1935
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Russian Artist Makes Beautiful Space Themed Calendar For The Year 2018
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Russian Clock Maker Konstantin Chaykin Creates Unbelievable Joker Timepiece With Facial Expressions
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- The Super Hot And Humorous 2018 New York City Taxi Drivers Calendar Is Here!