20 Amazing Photos Of A Young And Hot Axl Rose In The 1980s
It’s hard to believe it now, but there was a time when Axl Rose was on top of the world.
Axl Rose was born William Bruce Rose Jr. on February 6, 1962, in Lafayette, Indiana. He eventually moved to California, working odd jobs and playing in bands until the formation of Guns N’ Roses in the mid-1980s. Rose was frequently in trouble with the police and spent time in jail on charges of public intoxication and battery. When the police threatened to charge him as a career criminal, he moved to Los Angeles in 1982. Shortly after, he joined the band AXL. The experience was so all-consuming that he legally changed his name to W. Axl Rose.
And that’s when the magic started. By 1985, he’d started Guns N’ Roses, the combination of he and Tracii Guns’ existing bands, L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose. A few months and several line-up changes later the band enlisted Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler. Two years later, Appetite for Destruction came out, and from there, the band, and Axl’s, steady rise and equally sloping decline.
From goatees to corn rows, pimp canes to belly tops, Axl Rose has been through more than a few phases. Some were funny. Some were sad. All were worth remembering.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Rare Photos Of Melania Trump As A Model At 16-Years-Old In Slovenia
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Stunning Photos From The Bosch Parade, The Sailing Parade In The Spirit Of Jheronimus Bosch
- Walmart Keeps Posting Pictures of This Employee Posing With Stuff, She Goes Viral