Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
During the socialist time eastern Europe was a home to many unusual ‘brutalist’ structures, Moscow especially. Communist authorities had to industrialize and expand the cities as soon as possible because of large influx of rural population in capital cities.
Before WWII most of the population across eastern Europe were peasantry living in rural towns, however after the WWII the middle class was born and they had to live somewhere. The Soviet authorities started to build these massive buildings and one of them was the cylindrical apartment building which was constructed in 1972 by Soviet architect Eugene Stamo and engineer Aleksandr Markelov.
This building is located in the district of Ochakovo-Matveevskoe and it is nick-named “Bublic” among the local residents, because it just looks so much like a bagel (Bublik in Russian language). This massive building holds 913 apartments and as far as architects claims, five more similar buildings were supposed to be built before 1980 Summer Olympics.
Five buildings resembling the Olympic sign were intended to be constructed, but as they were too massive it would be hard to associate them with actual Olympic rings. Soviet housing was oriented strictly on practicality and affordability but it turned out these buildings were expensive to maintain so the whole project was abandoned and only two stand to this day.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook & Telegram:
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portrait Photography by Álvaro Rodríguez Navarro
- Mechanical Engineer Creates Superb 3D Bio-Mechanic Artworks
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- If Movie Posters Told The Truth…
- Gorgeous Photos Make Star Wars Toys Look Like Real, Life-Sized Ships
- “Naked City”: Lost In Shanghai With Photographer Liu Tao
- Summer Vibes With Tattoo Model Torrie Blake
- Conceptual And Fine Art Female Portrait Photography By Maxwell Swift
- The Superb Sensual And NSFW Paintings By Jamie Adams
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Meet World’s Most Versatile Cosplayer: Young Russian Chameleon Ilona Bugaeva
- Haunting Photos Of Moscow’s Young Ravers And Their Lives After Dark
- Artist Scott Listfield Paints Post-Apocalyptic Scenes Of The Bay Area
- Illustrator Pascal Blanché Is Building A Stunning Sci-Fi Universe
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner