Photographer Tom Hegen Raises Awareness On The Climate Issues Through Several Impressive Aerial Photographs
Once again, Tom Hegen raises awareness on the climate issues through several impressive aerial photographs. Entitled «The Two Degrees», this project focuses on the dramatic effects of global warming on the Arctic ice sheet in Greenland.
«Global sea level rise will be one of the major environmental challenges of the 21st Century. One of the leading causes of sea level rise is the melting of ice from glaciers and ice sheets. The Greenland ice sheet alone contains enough water to raise global sea levels by more than 7 meters. The Arctic is the fastest warming place on this planet, providing the first indication of how climate change is having an impact. Below two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels is the agreed goal signed by 197 countries at the Paris climate agreement in 2015 to limit global warming to avoid disastrous consequences of climate change», he explains.
This series is more than just an artistic project. It is a real call to focus on the biggest challenges we face globally today. A few striking images for a subject more than ever inevitable.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Black and White Architecture Photos by Alessio Forlano Show the Unseen Perfection of Buildings We Pass on the Daily
- You Ride This Bike Lying Down, And It Feels Like You’re Flying
- Range Rover Driver Slates Dealership By Graffitiing His Own Car With Angry Messages
- Can You Guess Who Is Kissing In These Pics: Real Couples Or Friends?
- Matt Lipps’ Carefully Constructed Photographic Tableaus
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- Old Soviet Ships Transformed Into Yachts for Millionaires
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Instagram Account Cleverly Photoshops Animals Into Everyday Things
- Before Tesla, There Was Anadol, Legendary Turkish Dune Buggy