“The Moon In Your Hands”: The Only One Leather Handbag That Captures The Complex Surface Of The Moon In Its Texture
Designed by the Japanese designer Takahiro Kitamura, the Planetario Clutch Bag is an exquisite leather handbag that captures the complex surface of the moon in its texture.
The lunar surface was formed over billions of years and through a combination of volcanic activity and meteorites slamming into the moon, which created craters of all shapes and sizes. It tells the story of the history of space and now you can carry that history in your hands.
Designed and made in Japan, a team of craftsmen worked for 3 years perfecting the embossing technology that makes the surface of each bag possible. The bag displays 2 faces: a full moon, but also a crescent moon when folded along the crease.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Collection Of Hand-Painted Movie Posters From Africa
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- What Art Icons Would Look Like In Today’s Society
- Amazing LEGO Creations Inspired By Classical Art Pieces
- This Bride Took Her Own Wedding Photos, and Then They Went Viral
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- A Couple that Recreated Scenes from “101 Dalmatians”
- Old Photos Reveal How Disney’s Animators Used a Real-Life Model to Draw Alice in Wonderland
- Artist Reimagines 5 Disney Fathers As Real Dads, And They’re Hella Handsome