Debbie Harry Photographed By Chris Stein For Punk Magazine Centerfold Shoot, 1976
A few decades ago, up-and-coming punk-pop star Debbie Harry had a photographer on hand to chronicle her every move – her friend, bandmate and lover Chris Stein.
These photographs of Debbie Harry are from an outtake from Punk Magazine centerfold shoot which were shot in a Bowery loft in New York City, 1976.
“The vulture shirt is a sacred relic that Debbie still has and the spider was plastic,” Chris Stein recalled. “The Metropolitan Museum used this shot as one of several images connected to its PUNK: Chaos to Couture show in 2013.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Zombies Descend On Hamburg To Protest Against Two-Day Meeting Of ‘Political Elite’
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- Artist Draws Wholesome Watercolor Comics Where A Cat Is Giving Out Mental Health Advice
- “Eighth Wonder Of The World”: The Sacred Orthodox Rock Church Of Saint George In Lalibela, Ethiopia
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- Artist Portrays Mystical Creatures In Their Vulnerable Form – When They Were Still Babies