Concepts From Future Past: 1969 Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpione
Designed by the inimitable Pininfarina, this gorgeous concept car embraced the best of Italian sportscar design, while sporting the almost always daft underpinnings of Fiat’s Abarth division.
The one-off prototype was based on the chassis of a Fiat Abarth 2000 Sport Spider, but clearly had a dramatically more impressive body design than its sibling. Weighing in at just 1477 pounds, the car’s rear-mounted, 220 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder engine was capable of pushing the car along at speeds up to 170mph. While its flip-up windscreen is incredibly cool to look at, chances are that it wasn’t exactly the safest car ever built.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Leotaurus”: The Epic Example of the Classic Russian Tyre Art
- Artist Creates Mind-Blowing 3D Visuals on The Border of Cyber Culture and Mythology
- The 3D Digital Minimalist Architectural Artworks by Dani Miras
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Transmogrified Reality In Futuristic Design Works by Nusi Quero
- Digital Illusions and Dark Fantasy Artworks of Rahul Das
- “Honey, Where Are You?”: The Superb Horror and Nightmare Artworks of Alexander Solomin
- This Artist Creates Hilarious Combinations Of Popular Characters In Iconic Scenes
- “Surveillance Society”: The Dark and Intrigue Digital Collages and Photo Works by Omi
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s