Concepts From Future Past: 1969 Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpione
Designed by the inimitable Pininfarina, this gorgeous concept car embraced the best of Italian sportscar design, while sporting the almost always daft underpinnings of Fiat’s Abarth division.
The one-off prototype was based on the chassis of a Fiat Abarth 2000 Sport Spider, but clearly had a dramatically more impressive body design than its sibling. Weighing in at just 1477 pounds, the car’s rear-mounted, 220 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder engine was capable of pushing the car along at speeds up to 170mph. While its flip-up windscreen is incredibly cool to look at, chances are that it wasn’t exactly the safest car ever built.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Vintage Photos Proving That The Beauty Of People From Previous Generations Is A Unique Thing
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- These Awkward Vintage Christmas Album Covers
- The Irish Farming Calendar For 2020 Is Here And It’s Really Quite Something
- This Tattoo Artist Can’t Draw And That’s Precisely Why Her Clients Choose Her
- Photographer Brent Stirton Captured Magnificent Images Of Mursi Warriors Of The Omo Valley In Ethiopia
- Fascinating Vintage Photographs of Dutch Men In Traditional Volendam Worker Pants