Concepts From Future Past: 1969 Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpione
Designed by the inimitable Pininfarina, this gorgeous concept car embraced the best of Italian sportscar design, while sporting the almost always daft underpinnings of Fiat’s Abarth division.
The one-off prototype was based on the chassis of a Fiat Abarth 2000 Sport Spider, but clearly had a dramatically more impressive body design than its sibling. Weighing in at just 1477 pounds, the car’s rear-mounted, 220 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder engine was capable of pushing the car along at speeds up to 170mph. While its flip-up windscreen is incredibly cool to look at, chances are that it wasn’t exactly the safest car ever built.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Chinese Man Builds 7-Story Home For Dead Brothers
- Surreal and Meaningful Illustrations by Lisa Aisato
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Urban Photography of Russian Cities Inspired by the Movie “Inception”
- Slinningsbålet: The Battle For The Biggest Bonfire In The World
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Retro Pop-Culture Pictures
- The Real Meaning Of Things We Say
- “Worst Buy” Instagram Account Shows Hilarious Product Parodies
- The New Aesthetic of Graphic Design and Typography by Daan Rietbergen
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers