Concepts From Future Past: 1969 Fiat Abarth 2000 Scorpione
Designed by the inimitable Pininfarina, this gorgeous concept car embraced the best of Italian sportscar design, while sporting the almost always daft underpinnings of Fiat’s Abarth division.
The one-off prototype was based on the chassis of a Fiat Abarth 2000 Sport Spider, but clearly had a dramatically more impressive body design than its sibling. Weighing in at just 1477 pounds, the car’s rear-mounted, 220 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder engine was capable of pushing the car along at speeds up to 170mph. While its flip-up windscreen is incredibly cool to look at, chances are that it wasn’t exactly the safest car ever built.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Stress: TMJ Disorder Visualized As A Bronze And Concrete Sculpture
- Japanese Photographer Shows The Otherworldly Beauty Of Nara Prefecture In Serendipitous Scene
- Designed By Nature: World’s Greatest Gallery Of Mushrooms That Look Like Butts
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- Fine Art And Dark Beauty Portrait Photography By Haris Nukem
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Really Triggering Floor Designs That Will Annoy The Perfectionist In You