Hippie Van Of The 1960s: Amazing Photographs That Capture People With Their Classic VW Buses
Introduced in 1950 by the German automaker Volkswagen as its second car model, VW bus or camper is a forward control panel van. It was named the Volkswagen Type 2, known officially (depending on body type) as the Transporter, Kombi.
Like the Beetle, the van has received numerous nicknames worldwide, including the “microbus”, “minibus”, and, because of its popularity during the counterculture movement of the 1960s, Hippie van/wagon, and still remains iconic for many hippies today.
Check out these amazing photos to see people with their VW buses from the 1960s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Stress: TMJ Disorder Visualized As A Bronze And Concrete Sculpture
- Japanese Photographer Shows The Otherworldly Beauty Of Nara Prefecture In Serendipitous Scene
- Designed By Nature: World’s Greatest Gallery Of Mushrooms That Look Like Butts
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- Fine Art And Dark Beauty Portrait Photography By Haris Nukem
- Really Triggering Floor Designs That Will Annoy The Perfectionist In You