Publicity Photos Of Marilyn Monroe Playing The Ukulele For “Some Like It Hot” In 1959
In 1959, near the end of her extraordinary career, Marilyn Monroe starred in Some Like It Hot, widely considered one of the greatest film comedies of all time.
Monroe played the role of Sugar Kane, the singer and ukulele player for Sweet Sue and her Society Syncopators and the object of romantic pursuit by Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon’s characters, musicians disguised as women.
In one of the film’s Roaring Twenties-inspired musical numbers, Monroe energetically sings, dances and strums the ukulele, adding mastery of the diminutive instrument to her formidable repertoire of skills.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Man Finds Mysterious Book That Can Not Be Explained
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost