Publicity Photos Of Marilyn Monroe Playing The Ukulele For “Some Like It Hot” In 1959
In 1959, near the end of her extraordinary career, Marilyn Monroe starred in Some Like It Hot, widely considered one of the greatest film comedies of all time.
Monroe played the role of Sugar Kane, the singer and ukulele player for Sweet Sue and her Society Syncopators and the object of romantic pursuit by Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon’s characters, musicians disguised as women.
In one of the film’s Roaring Twenties-inspired musical numbers, Monroe energetically sings, dances and strums the ukulele, adding mastery of the diminutive instrument to her formidable repertoire of skills.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Vietnamese Artist Creates Surreal Illustrations Of Animals and Cute Things in the Forest
- Emotional Celebrity Portraits By Marc Hom