Art Against Virus: COVID-19 Posters By Mexifunk
COVID-19 is raging across the U.S. and the globe, but it’s not a war without posters. Well, now we have the posters — Orlando Arocena, known as @mexifunk on Instagram and elsewhere, is designing posters to rally the people to fight the unseen enemy.
Arocena has created posters for conventions and fine art prints sold through Sideshow Collectibles and the Poster Posse, and in 2017 he designed DVD packaging for classic horror films by Fox Home Entertainment and MGM. His frenetic vector designs often mash up his pop culture obsessions (which include horror movies and Star Wars) with Day of the Dead and other Mexican imagery.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wearing Futuristic Protective Suits, Washington State Crews Destroy First US Murder Hornet Nest
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Graphic Artist Turns One-Star Reviews Of National Parks Into Great Posters
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- The Most Diabolically Evil-Looking Buildings In The World
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies Of Vintage Album Covers
- Artist Turns Ordinary Everyday Objects Into Star Wars Characters
- Japanese Priest Adorably Still Uses “Cat Mug” Made by Daughter Even Though It’s an Eye-Stabbing Demon
- “Wear Mask. Save Live”: Borat Had Made Hilarious Appearances on Major Landmarks Across the UK
- Artist Spends 9 Years Using FedEx To Ship Glass Boxes To Create Shattered Sculptures