Casa Rex wins award at HOW Poster Design Awards 2011
Casa Rex, one of Brazil’s most creative and renowned agencies, has won an award at the HOW Poster Design Awards 2011. The poster ‘The Occupied Space’ has been chosen as one of the top 10 winners, out of almost 800 entries.
In order to advertise an exhibition promoted by Escola Viva whereby students and teachers were invited to arrive at the school, walk around and ‘occupy’ the diverse spaces within the school environment, Casa Rex has made bold use of the “empty” white space, using text that is scattered across the poster in random directions. “We invert what is traditionally seen as the correct occupied space in a poster”, jokes Gustavo Piqueira, creative director and head of the agency.
This is the 6th time that Casa Rex has earned an award by HOW magazine, which showcases the best in design from around the world. Earlier this year the HOW International Design Awards went to the packaging design developed for the Dixie Toga Holographic Collection of Empty Packs, as well as the graphic design for the book “Writings about Jade” (Ateliê Editorial); in 2010 the covers created for the “Saraiva Classics” book collection (Edições Jogo de Amarelinha) and also the graphic project for the “Cool Readings” collection (Ed. Biruta) were selected; and in 2008 the award was given for the the Paideia book collection covers (Ed. Martins Fontes).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- The Winners Of Hasselblad Masters 2021 Photo Competition
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Fascinating Black and White Pictures of New York Street Life in the Late 1960s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers