Stunning Photos Show What Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Were African American
Hairstylist LaChanda Gatson decided to redefine the image of a traditional princess in a stunning photo series that showcase elegant, colorful and brave African American princesses.
Regis and Kahran, the duo behind CreativeSoul Photography, produced a series of 14 photographs showcasing princesses with “[their] own dash of style, culture and swag”. Bored Panda reached out to the photographer duo and they provided a brief explanation behind the photo ideas. “The Disney character series was created by hairstylist LaChanda Gatson and child photographers CreativeSoul Photography,” they explained how this project was a collaboration between creative minds.
“The goal is to inspire more girls around the world to start seeing themselves as regal princesses,” the photographers explained their creative idea. We could definitely spot some similarities with the iconic Disney princesses so we decided to guess which ones these beautiful girls might represent! Although we might’ve been wrong in guessing which princess from the photoshoot might be related to a Disney princess, so let us know in the comments if you think otherwise! Scroll down and see the stunning photos for yourself. Or, if you like the artistic photographs so much you wish you could frame them on the wall, you can snag a print or two by clicking here.
Regis and Kahran see themselves as artists “obsessed with unique, visual storytelling”. The two connected over their passion for photography and capturing precious moments. From that, their loves stemmed and the couple “fell head over heels in love with one another” and eventually it resulted in them creating CreativeSoul Photography.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 22 Rare Photos You’ll Never See In Textbooks
- An 80-Foot Steel Kraken Will Create An Artificial Coral Reef Near The British Virgin Islands
- This Guy Shows The Secret Side Of Glamorous Instagram Photos
- Stunning Photographs Taken By Stanley Kubrick That Capture Street Scenes of New York City In The 1940s
- “I Want To Take You Higher”: Girls Of Woodstock, The Best Beauty And Style Moments From Summer 1969
- Designer Puts The “Suit” In Wetsuit With $3,900 Optical Illusion
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- “Anti-Selfies”: Artist Lies Facedown In Tourist Spots And Pretends To Be Dead
- This Is What The ‘Ideal’ Woman’s Figure Would’ve Looked Like In The 1930s
- Japanese Photographer Makes Absolutely Breathtaking Vacuum-Sealed Wedding Photos