Stunning Photos Show What Disney Princesses Would Look Like If They Were African American
Hairstylist LaChanda Gatson decided to redefine the image of a traditional princess in a stunning photo series that showcase elegant, colorful and brave African American princesses.
Regis and Kahran, the duo behind CreativeSoul Photography, produced a series of 14 photographs showcasing princesses with “[their] own dash of style, culture and swag”. Bored Panda reached out to the photographer duo and they provided a brief explanation behind the photo ideas. “The Disney character series was created by hairstylist LaChanda Gatson and child photographers CreativeSoul Photography,” they explained how this project was a collaboration between creative minds.
“The goal is to inspire more girls around the world to start seeing themselves as regal princesses,” the photographers explained their creative idea. We could definitely spot some similarities with the iconic Disney princesses so we decided to guess which ones these beautiful girls might represent! Although we might’ve been wrong in guessing which princess from the photoshoot might be related to a Disney princess, so let us know in the comments if you think otherwise! Scroll down and see the stunning photos for yourself. Or, if you like the artistic photographs so much you wish you could frame them on the wall, you can snag a print or two by clicking here.
Regis and Kahran see themselves as artists “obsessed with unique, visual storytelling”. The two connected over their passion for photography and capturing precious moments. From that, their loves stemmed and the couple “fell head over heels in love with one another” and eventually it resulted in them creating CreativeSoul Photography.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards