Bizarre Cameras Used Before GoPros Existed – This Is How People Filmed Their Stuff
What did we do before GoPro? When it comes to capturing speed, back in the day, photogs tied themselves to the back of cars, hung off of trucks and then when that wasn’t enough, they jury-rigged point-of-view (POV) cameras on racer’s their helmets with metal brackets, cordes and special made contraptions.
Dat camera! Just imagine all the beefy neck muscles they had because this rig.
The fuck it strap me to the car rig, or those moments you want big hood ornament.
Thank God for GoPros people don’t have to race the race cars anymore to get that perfect shot.
Check out this huge onboard camera, we’re sure drives appreciate technology getting smaller.
Anyone up for a piggy back ride?
This is how they filmed parts of mad max… looks like fun.
They were getting closer to the GoPro size and idea here, but still a little bulky and it had cables.
Here’s another bizarre camera rig that even had some strange helmet mounting to stabilize the camera.
Ready to lose the race with this bad boy?
This is probably the biggest rig of them all…
It didn’t do video but it probably snagged some rad photos.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- Beautiful ’60s Fashion Photography by Henry Clarke
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Client Error”: The Superb Digital Artworks of RETOKA
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- 20 Chinese Women Before And After Plastic Surgery