Bizarre Cameras Used Before GoPros Existed – This Is How People Filmed Their Stuff
What did we do before GoPro? When it comes to capturing speed, back in the day, photogs tied themselves to the back of cars, hung off of trucks and then when that wasn’t enough, they jury-rigged point-of-view (POV) cameras on racer’s their helmets with metal brackets, cordes and special made contraptions.
Dat camera! Just imagine all the beefy neck muscles they had because this rig.
The fuck it strap me to the car rig, or those moments you want big hood ornament.
Thank God for GoPros people don’t have to race the race cars anymore to get that perfect shot.
Check out this huge onboard camera, we’re sure drives appreciate technology getting smaller.
Anyone up for a piggy back ride?
This is how they filmed parts of mad max… looks like fun.
They were getting closer to the GoPro size and idea here, but still a little bulky and it had cables.
Here’s another bizarre camera rig that even had some strange helmet mounting to stabilize the camera.
Ready to lose the race with this bad boy?
This is probably the biggest rig of them all…
It didn’t do video but it probably snagged some rad photos.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Impressive Examples of Soviet Brutalism in Architecture
- A Horror–mad Seven-Year-Old Girl Has Ditched Disney Princesses to Recreate Scenes from Gory Films Such as The Exorcist and Chucky
- Sculpture Artist Makes Incredible Realistic Busts of Movie Villains
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- “On Adventure With Dad”: This Guy Sends His Girlfriend Photoshopped Photos Whenever She Asks If Their Kids Are OK
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Vintage Photos of Cars During Winter in the 1950s and ’60s
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell