Bizarre Cameras Used Before GoPros Existed – This Is How People Filmed Their Stuff
What did we do before GoPro? When it comes to capturing speed, back in the day, photogs tied themselves to the back of cars, hung off of trucks and then when that wasn’t enough, they jury-rigged point-of-view (POV) cameras on racer’s their helmets with metal brackets, cordes and special made contraptions.
Dat camera! Just imagine all the beefy neck muscles they had because this rig.
The fuck it strap me to the car rig, or those moments you want big hood ornament.
Thank God for GoPros people don’t have to race the race cars anymore to get that perfect shot.
Check out this huge onboard camera, we’re sure drives appreciate technology getting smaller.
Anyone up for a piggy back ride?
This is how they filmed parts of mad max… looks like fun.
They were getting closer to the GoPro size and idea here, but still a little bulky and it had cables.
Here’s another bizarre camera rig that even had some strange helmet mounting to stabilize the camera.
Ready to lose the race with this bad boy?
This is probably the biggest rig of them all…
It didn’t do video but it probably snagged some rad photos.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cool Old Photos Show What School Looked Like In The 1970s
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- Life-Size Cardboard Figures By Warren King
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- A-Z As Game Of Thrones Characters By Kerry Bell Is The Most Creative Thing You’ll See Today
- 15 Things Every Single Girl Can Relate To
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms