Vintage Photos of Famous People With Their Minis From the 1960s and 1970s
When it comes to driving a classic car there are plenty of wonderful choices. For people who favor practicality and style, minis are an ideal vehicle. Minis have proven to be popular with celebrities as well. There’s a range of famous people who’ve owned a Mini, including Paul McCartney and Steve McQueen. Here’s a selection of celebrities that have owned — and loved — their Minis.
The Mini is the small car icon of the 1960s. It was produced by BMC (British Motor Corporation) starting with 1959 and was the first car to get the front-wheel-drive. This space saving solution influenced all the manufacturers, as nowadays FWD is the most popular drive-train layout. The new MINI was launched in 2001 and got to replace the legend with updates for the 21st Century.
The revolutionary design of the Mini was created by Sir Alec Issigonis (1906–1988), considered a visionary in industrial transportation. It was intended as an affordable vehicle in response to the oil crisis. Along its production period it was built at the Cowley plants in the United Kingdom, and afterwards in Australia, Belgium, Chile, Italy, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Men’s Fashion 2021 Collection
- Teach Yourself to Draw with The Help of The Man Who Influenced Walt Disney, 1913
- “Gothic Times”: Artist Spends 14 Months Creating The Most Incredible Ghost Pirate Ship Sculpture
- Contrasting Portraits Show How A Smile Can Change Your Perception Of Someone
- Simple, Ingenious, And Amusing: Blackwork Tattoos By Ilya Brezinsk
- Employee Cleverly Trolls Her Boss Who Is Never Happy About The Way She’s Dressed For Work
- Brutal 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Touring Berlinetta
- Russian Janitor’s Mock GQ Photoshoot Pays Off
- Cthulhu Turkey: It’s a Turkey Stuffed With Octopus That People Actually Make
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers