“Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
Born 1951 in Manhattan, Kansas, American actress, writer and singer Cassandra Peterson had a small role as a showgirl in the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever (1971) and played a topless dancer in the film The Working Girls (1974).
In the early 1970s, Peterson moved to Italy and became lead singer of the Italian rock bands Latins 80 and The Snails. Introduced to film director Federico Fellini by the producer of a documentary on Las Vegas showgirls in which she had appeared, she landed a small part in the film Roma (1972).
In 1979, she joined the Los Angeles-based improvisational troupe The Groundlings, where she created a Valley girl-type character upon whom the Elvira persona is largely based.
Peterson is best known for her portrayal of the horror hostess character Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Peterson gained fame on Los Angeles television station KHJ-TV wearing a revealing, black, gothic, cleavage-enhancing gown as host of Elvira’s Movie Macabre, a weekly B movie presentation.
Take a look at these stunning photos to see portrait of Cassandra Peterson as Elvira in the 1980s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- This Woman Paints on Horseshoe Crabs
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- “The Society of Fatigue”: The Spiritual & Psychedelic Collages by Anarkoiris
- Style Accessories Made From The Most Random Stuff You Can Find In Your Home By This Canadian Artist
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- “Tomorrow Never Came”: The Dystopian Worlds of Abel Chan Arce
- The Hyperrealistic 3D Sculpting Works by Marianna Yakimova
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers