“Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
Born 1951 in Manhattan, Kansas, American actress, writer and singer Cassandra Peterson had a small role as a showgirl in the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever (1971) and played a topless dancer in the film The Working Girls (1974).
In the early 1970s, Peterson moved to Italy and became lead singer of the Italian rock bands Latins 80 and The Snails. Introduced to film director Federico Fellini by the producer of a documentary on Las Vegas showgirls in which she had appeared, she landed a small part in the film Roma (1972).
In 1979, she joined the Los Angeles-based improvisational troupe The Groundlings, where she created a Valley girl-type character upon whom the Elvira persona is largely based.
Peterson is best known for her portrayal of the horror hostess character Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Peterson gained fame on Los Angeles television station KHJ-TV wearing a revealing, black, gothic, cleavage-enhancing gown as host of Elvira’s Movie Macabre, a weekly B movie presentation.
Take a look at these stunning photos to see portrait of Cassandra Peterson as Elvira in the 1980s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The ’80s Hairdos: One of the Sexiest Hairstyles of All Time
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Robot Dogs Are Remarkably Easy To Defeat Thanks To These Weak Spots
- Artist Places Iconic Horror Characters Into Classic Disney’s Mickey Mouse Cartoons
- Designer Lydia Cambron Transforms Brand Logos into Protest Messages
- Futuristic and Retro, Hyundai Transforms First-Generation 1975 Pony with Electric Powertrain
- Graphic Art Between Renaissance And Modernity
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- Spectacular Winning Images of The 2021 World Press Photo Contest
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s