“Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark”: Stunning Photos of Cassandra Peterson in the 1980s
Born 1951 in Manhattan, Kansas, American actress, writer and singer Cassandra Peterson had a small role as a showgirl in the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever (1971) and played a topless dancer in the film The Working Girls (1974).
In the early 1970s, Peterson moved to Italy and became lead singer of the Italian rock bands Latins 80 and The Snails. Introduced to film director Federico Fellini by the producer of a documentary on Las Vegas showgirls in which she had appeared, she landed a small part in the film Roma (1972).
In 1979, she joined the Los Angeles-based improvisational troupe The Groundlings, where she created a Valley girl-type character upon whom the Elvira persona is largely based.
Peterson is best known for her portrayal of the horror hostess character Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Peterson gained fame on Los Angeles television station KHJ-TV wearing a revealing, black, gothic, cleavage-enhancing gown as host of Elvira’s Movie Macabre, a weekly B movie presentation.
Take a look at these stunning photos to see portrait of Cassandra Peterson as Elvira in the 1980s.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Russian Artist Draw Interesting Pupils Of The Eyes, Here Are 11 Of Them
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Single Guy Recreates His Twin Sister’s Baby Photos Using A Cat
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days