Undertaker Couple Take Coffin-Themed Wedding Photos
When Jenny Tay and her fiancé, Darren Cheng, say, “Until death do us part,” they really, really mean it. The couple took beautiful wedding photos, choosing to pose in their gown and tuxedo with a large, gleaming white casket. They posed sitting on the coffin and even snuggled up inside of it.
But while most odd wedding photos (especially in the Instagram age) are just reflective of a couple’s quirky taste, Tay and Cheng are both very serious about their choice. Both the bride and groom work in the funeral business.
“Our business is very much a part of our lives,” Jenny Tay, 29, the managing director of Direct Funeral Services, told the Straits Times of Singapore. “When couples take wedding pictures, many of them think of something significant and meaningful to them — their favorite café, the place where they first met.”
“Both of us are very passionate about our jobs, so I thought, why not?” Tay told the Strait Times. “Death is a part of life and shouldn’t be seen as taboo.” The couple lives in Singapore, where they work together at Direct Funeral Services.
“We wanted it to be pretty and whimsical, not at all morbid, so we staged it there and not in an actual cemetery,” Tay said. “We also didn’t want to scare people, and the reaction to it has been very positive.” She notes they don’t plan to display the photos at their wedding ceremony, which is planned for October.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- Our Deepest Darkest Fears Turned Into Terrifying Cartoons
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Artist Studies Psychoanalysis And Visualize The States Of The Subconscious In Her Bizarre Sculptures
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers