Undertaker Couple Take Coffin-Themed Wedding Photos
When Jenny Tay and her fiancé, Darren Cheng, say, “Until death do us part,” they really, really mean it. The couple took beautiful wedding photos, choosing to pose in their gown and tuxedo with a large, gleaming white casket. They posed sitting on the coffin and even snuggled up inside of it.
But while most odd wedding photos (especially in the Instagram age) are just reflective of a couple’s quirky taste, Tay and Cheng are both very serious about their choice. Both the bride and groom work in the funeral business.
“Our business is very much a part of our lives,” Jenny Tay, 29, the managing director of Direct Funeral Services, told the Straits Times of Singapore. “When couples take wedding pictures, many of them think of something significant and meaningful to them — their favorite café, the place where they first met.”
“Both of us are very passionate about our jobs, so I thought, why not?” Tay told the Strait Times. “Death is a part of life and shouldn’t be seen as taboo.” The couple lives in Singapore, where they work together at Direct Funeral Services.
“We wanted it to be pretty and whimsical, not at all morbid, so we staged it there and not in an actual cemetery,” Tay said. “We also didn’t want to scare people, and the reaction to it has been very positive.” She notes they don’t plan to display the photos at their wedding ceremony, which is planned for October.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- An Animal Shelter Dressed Dogs in Human Clothes to Help Them Find Homes
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Parodies of “Deep” Melodramatic Instagram Captions
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Makeup Artist Keeps Transforming Herself Into Characters And Celebrities
- This Artist Makes Alternative Posters For Horror Films And TV Series In The Form Of Clay Sculptures