Joel Weber’s Tiny House Will Help Him Save At University of Texas In Austin
A college student who will be returning to the University of Texas in Austin for his junior year this fall is hoping his miniature home will help him save big on housing fees and keep him out of debt.
Joel Weber’s 145-square-foot home will help him avoid paying rent for an apartment or on-campus dorm and save him from two years of roommate aggravation… priceless. With rent costing upwards of $800 a month near campus, the 25-year-old’s new home will save him about $19,200 while he finishes school and could help him conserve cash after graduation as well.
Joel Weber is hoping his 145-square-foot home will help him avoid paying rent for a college apartment or dorm.
The brightly-colored home has two lofts, working plumbing, electricity, a shower and a propane-powered stove.
The 25-year-old installed a fully-functioning sink made from a mango bowl in the bathroom of his new home.
Weber will be returning to the University of Texas in Austin for his junior year this fall in his miniature home.
The new home will save Weber $19,200 while he finishes school and save him from two years of roommates.
The home is parked in Weber’s hometown of Dallas and he is looking forward to taking it about 200 miles south to Austin for school.
The aspiring student, who works doing landscaping, house-sitting and as a nanny, said the small house inspires him to be active and fits his lifestyle because ‘it allows me to be on the move’.
He added: ‘I may live in it forever and I’m cool with that, 145 square feet might not be for everybody, and that’s OK. ‘It’s more about how I can live simple and still be grateful.’
Weber’s home is loaded on an 18-foot flatbed trailer and it took him about a year to build.
The home is parked in Weber’s hometown of Dallas and he is looking forward to taking it to Austin for school.
He designed the home and worked with a carpenter and electrician ‘who both volunteered their time’.
Via Daily Mail
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Artist Creates Honest Illustrations About Relationships And Everyday Life
- Cute Naughty Girls by Philip Bawasanta
- Stunning Images of Freshly Frozen Cars Arrived to Vladivostok Sea Port
- Charming Watercolor Girls by the Japanese Artist Kumorri
- The Elegance of The Dark Side: Stunning Sculptures of Dom Qwek
- The Grim Towers of Lovecraftian World: Minimalist Architectural Art by James Lipnickas
- Diagonal World: Russian Designer Sergey Minkin Shoots Everything at 45 Degrees