This Family Started Staging Their Funny Christmas Cards 7 Years Ago, And Their Creativity Is Brilliant
“I’m Dreaming of a White (Trash) Christmas” – 2013 – Pregnant with 1st Child
This family has a tradition that makes their friends and relatives look forward to the holiday season. Every year, Danielle and Mike and their kids produce a humorous family Christmas card.
“Our Finest Gifts We Bring, Pa Rum Bum Bum Bum” – 2014
“I came up with the idea when I was pregnant with our first,” the mom told Bored Panda. “I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor and wanted to do something funny to send to family and friends. That’s when I came up with the first card!”
“Silent Night” – 2015 – Pregnant with 2nd Child
From there, the guys decided to make it a series and put a special spin on it, too — Danielle and Mike choose a classic Christmas song for the theme of their card and try to find a way to incorporate the lyrics or title into their picture. And I gotta say, they’re killing it!
“O! Christmas Tree” – 2016
“I use a camera and tripod to capture 2 or 3 different photos, then use Photoshop to blend them all together,” Danielle explained the process. “Other effects [and objects] are added digitally as well, like duct tape (in Silent Night, my son has it over his mouth), tattoos, and so on. It’s hard to wrangle kids and pets into one single photo, so this is easier for me.”
“Baby, It’s Cold Outside!” – 2017
After the image is done, the family print the card and send it to about 50 people closest to them. “They tell us every year they look forward to our cards, some friends have even kept each one and display them yearly at their houses to get a laugh from their guests. They’ve been well-received and we plan to continue doing them!” Danielle and Mike said.
“Mele Kalikimaka” – 2018
After the couple shared their Christmas cards online, some people seemed concerned about their dog Guinness (aka Killer). So they wanted to reassure them that the pooch is alive and well!
“His photo and a photo of our cat Maisy are always included inside the card, as they’re a part of the family too! With two kids to incorporate, having Guinness in each photo made it a little too complicated. They send their regards.”
“Rocking Around the Christmas Tree” – 2019
“I’ll Be Home for Christmas” – 2020
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- Sexy Pictures Of ABBA’s Agnetha Faltskog Posed For Sweden’s Poster Magazine In 1976
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- The Future Imagined in Albert Robida’s “La vie électrique,” 1890