The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
Richey Beckett is a pen and ink illustrator based in the Welsh countryside. He has lent his detailed and intricate line to the record covers of some of the world’s biggest bands: Foo Fighters, Pixies, Queen of the Stone Age…
Drawing inspiration from biblical and natural history illustrators and printmakers such as Gustave Doré, Durer, and Bewick, from Art Nouveau deco, from the striking colors of psychedelia and the organic textures and patterns of nature, Beckett has created his own vibrant visual language.
His style is magnified when he tackles works like The Wickerman or fantasy with the Lords of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Leaning towards folk horror, the sheer amount of detail Richey is able to include in a single illustration is simply mind-boggling.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Fumetti: The Collection of Finest Examples of Sleazy Lowbrow Art the World Has Ever Known
- 45 Comics With Twisted Endings For People With A Dark Sense Of Humor
- Playful Pictures of Marilyn Monroe Having Breakfast in Bed, 1953
- Brazil Building New Jesus Statue Taller than Christ the Redeemer
- These Photorealistic Renders Look Like Real Photos Taken with An Old Camera
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- “Bikes, Broads, Beer, and Boogie”: The Great Collection of Biker Magazines from the 1980s