The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
Richey Beckett is a pen and ink illustrator based in the Welsh countryside. He has lent his detailed and intricate line to the record covers of some of the world’s biggest bands: Foo Fighters, Pixies, Queen of the Stone Age…
Drawing inspiration from biblical and natural history illustrators and printmakers such as Gustave Doré, Durer, and Bewick, from Art Nouveau deco, from the striking colors of psychedelia and the organic textures and patterns of nature, Beckett has created his own vibrant visual language.
His style is magnified when he tackles works like The Wickerman or fantasy with the Lords of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Leaning towards folk horror, the sheer amount of detail Richey is able to include in a single illustration is simply mind-boggling.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- How Male Beauty Standards Have Changed Over 100 Years
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Russian Artist Draw Interesting Pupils Of The Eyes, Here Are 11 Of Them
- Low Resolution Pets Behind Pixelated Glass Doors
- Stunning Winning Photos Of The Drone Photo Awards 2021
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Winning Photographs Of The Urban Photo Awards 2021
- Single Guy Recreates His Twin Sister’s Baby Photos Using A Cat