The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
Richey Beckett is a pen and ink illustrator based in the Welsh countryside. He has lent his detailed and intricate line to the record covers of some of the world’s biggest bands: Foo Fighters, Pixies, Queen of the Stone Age…
Drawing inspiration from biblical and natural history illustrators and printmakers such as Gustave Doré, Durer, and Bewick, from Art Nouveau deco, from the striking colors of psychedelia and the organic textures and patterns of nature, Beckett has created his own vibrant visual language.
His style is magnified when he tackles works like The Wickerman or fantasy with the Lords of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Leaning towards folk horror, the sheer amount of detail Richey is able to include in a single illustration is simply mind-boggling.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- The Winners Of Hasselblad Masters 2021 Photo Competition
- Fascinating Black and White Pictures of New York Street Life in the Late 1960s
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers