The Dark Pen and Ink Drawings of Richey Beckett
Richey Beckett is a pen and ink illustrator based in the Welsh countryside. He has lent his detailed and intricate line to the record covers of some of the world’s biggest bands: Foo Fighters, Pixies, Queen of the Stone Age…
Drawing inspiration from biblical and natural history illustrators and printmakers such as Gustave Doré, Durer, and Bewick, from Art Nouveau deco, from the striking colors of psychedelia and the organic textures and patterns of nature, Beckett has created his own vibrant visual language.
His style is magnified when he tackles works like The Wickerman or fantasy with the Lords of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Leaning towards folk horror, the sheer amount of detail Richey is able to include in a single illustration is simply mind-boggling.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- This Woman Paints on Horseshoe Crabs
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- “The Society of Fatigue”: The Spiritual & Psychedelic Collages by Anarkoiris
- Style Accessories Made From The Most Random Stuff You Can Find In Your Home By This Canadian Artist
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- A Look at Girls’ College Dorm Rooms in the Seventies
- “Tomorrow Never Came”: The Dystopian Worlds of Abel Chan Arce
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Retro Pop-Culture Pictures
- The Hyperrealistic 3D Sculpting Works by Marianna Yakimova