Cute Fashionable Animal Clay Dolls By Valentina Gekova
When someone mentions a doll, we usually imagine a human doll in Victorian clothes, or a Barbie. But there are many different ways to make and dress up a doll, and Russian artist Valentina Gekova shows this with her works. To put it shortly, she makes very cool dolls of animals like dogs, lizards, giraffes and others dressed up in very cool and comfy clothes, like tracksuits, sweatpants, jackets, etc. Though it doesn’t sound all that usual, the combination makes for a good end result.
“My dolls are made of baked clay. I’m totally self-taught, I haven’t studied anywhere. I’ve been doing this work for 5 years and since then, this has been my main activity. At first I made small clay jars, then I made a (human) doll. And after that came the idea of making an animal doll. I like the modern look of the clothes I put on my dolls. It’s not vintage and it’s not history, but what surrounds us in life,” Valentina told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Wonder Of Illustrating Perpetual Movement in Space From A 1875 Astronomy Book
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Artist Colorizes 50 Old Photos, And It Might Change The Way You Perceive History