Cute Fashionable Animal Clay Dolls By Valentina Gekova
When someone mentions a doll, we usually imagine a human doll in Victorian clothes, or a Barbie. But there are many different ways to make and dress up a doll, and Russian artist Valentina Gekova shows this with her works. To put it shortly, she makes very cool dolls of animals like dogs, lizards, giraffes and others dressed up in very cool and comfy clothes, like tracksuits, sweatpants, jackets, etc. Though it doesn’t sound all that usual, the combination makes for a good end result.
“My dolls are made of baked clay. I’m totally self-taught, I haven’t studied anywhere. I’ve been doing this work for 5 years and since then, this has been my main activity. At first I made small clay jars, then I made a (human) doll. And after that came the idea of making an animal doll. I like the modern look of the clothes I put on my dolls. It’s not vintage and it’s not history, but what surrounds us in life,” Valentina told Bored Panda.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- The Future Imagined in Albert Robida’s “La vie électrique,” 1890
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- There’s a Gaming Pc Hidden Inside This Incredible Gaming Den Diorama
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers