Creative architecture shots by Stella Yan, a talented self-taught photographer, urban explorer, and Instagrammer based in Shanghai, China. Stella focuses on urban, architecture, rooftop, and street photography. She uses Sony a9 camera. Continue reading »
«For years I have seen amazing pictures and series of these public housing and aparments tower blocks being built and I knew I wanted to see and document for myself», says Toby Harriman. The American photographer went to Hong Kong for four days, during a trip to Asia, and decided to make this uniques series and video called «The Block Tower». Continue reading »
A 20+ year collection of photographs documenting Hong Kong’s hauntingly beautiful construction sites encaged (cocooned!) in bamboo scaffolding, draped in brightly hued material.
Since 1993, Peter Steinhauer has documented the many facets of Asian culture, with a keen eye for architecture, urban landscape and man-made structures and environments. On his first visit to Hong Kong in 1994, arriving at the old Kai Tak International Airport, Steinhauer noticed a very large structure encaged in bamboo and swathed in yellow material–standing out beneath a canopy of clouds, glowing against the monochromatic, urban skyline. Hong Kong is the final stronghold of the bamboo scaffolders who once practiced their trade at construction sites throughout Asia. Continue reading »
He first brought us the Hong Kong Shop Cats and then the Hong Kong Market Cats, both available as books. Now Dutch photographer Marcel Heijnen is back with Hong Kong Garage Dogs.
Moving away from our feline friends for this particular series and book, Marcel explores another quirky aspect of Hong Kong’s culture. The dogs’ gruffer yang to his cats’ fluffier yin reveals an unapologetically masculine world of car parts, engine grease and tough love. Continue reading »
- Abandoned Hotels In The Egyptian Desert May As Well Be On Another Planet
- “Animal Soul”: Beautiful Portraits Of The Bad-Ass Cats By Robert Bahou
- 30 Times People Accidentally Created Art
- “Electric Dreams”: Amazing Portraits Of ’80s Geeks
- Sad Animal Facts Are The Cutest Way To Ruin Your Day
- A Sweet Little Photo Story Proving That True Love That Knows No Bounds
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Remarkable Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Budweiser Adapts Its Sexist Ads From The 50s And 60s To 2019