Adam Ellis is a graphic designer and author who became internet famous when he shared his series Dear David with his Twitter followers. While many of his themes have a dark undertone, he also creates funny and relatable comics about everyday life situations. He sometimes uses hyperbolic themes and expressions, but without necessarily losing touch with reality. Besides, let’s not forget that there’s nothing more hyperbolic than life itself. Continue reading »
Rémi Lascault is a 32-year-old French artist who creates 4-panel comics for people with a dark sense of humor and has been drawing comics since he was a kid. The author says that it’s not the drawing that takes up most of the time when creating a comic, but rather coming up with the right “stupid joke” and twisting it in a not-so-stupid way. Continue reading »
For the past fourteen years Susanna Majuri has been working with water. She uses water as if it were paint. It merges people and landscapes together, blurs the dimensions and adds a metaphorical depth to her photography. In her images Majuri composes multiple psychological and symbolically charged scenarios to mirror her innermost feelings. Continue reading »
Assembly is a project of Lorea Sinclaire, canadian industrial designer, and the collaboration between a haptic wearable device and a network of proximity. The goal of this research project was to create a user experience that promotes safety and comfort in the urban environment.
The wearable device uses symbolic language to communicate a need or receive a notification. For example different touch gestures imply different meanings. Doing up a button will send out passive signals of your location. stroking the discrete lining of the hem will send out a ‘friend call’. A combination of two hands swiping the outer arms implies you need serious help.
This user interaction utilizes embroidered conductive thread as touch sensors, and an integrated GPS module to send out location. Continue reading »
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Awkward 1970s Male Fashion
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Streamliners: Locomotives And Bullet Trains In The Age Of Speed And Style
- There’s An Online Community That Makes Fun Of People Trying To Sell Mirrors
- Rare Weird And Funny Pictures Show Hilarious Side Of Victorian Era Life
- Norwegian Artist Makes ‘Pillows’ From White Marble
- Rusty 1961 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster Barn Find Sells For Staggering $800,000
- Russian Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Famous Characters Got Old, And Thor Is Too Cute