Adam Ellis is a graphic designer and author who became internet famous when he shared his series Dear David with his Twitter followers. While many of his themes have a dark undertone, he also creates funny and relatable comics about everyday life situations. He sometimes uses hyperbolic themes and expressions, but without necessarily losing touch with reality. Besides, let’s not forget that there’s nothing more hyperbolic than life itself. Continue reading »
Rémi Lascault is a 32-year-old French artist who creates 4-panel comics for people with a dark sense of humor and has been drawing comics since he was a kid. The author says that it’s not the drawing that takes up most of the time when creating a comic, but rather coming up with the right “stupid joke” and twisting it in a not-so-stupid way. Continue reading »
For the past fourteen years Susanna Majuri has been working with water. She uses water as if it were paint. It merges people and landscapes together, blurs the dimensions and adds a metaphorical depth to her photography. In her images Majuri composes multiple psychological and symbolically charged scenarios to mirror her innermost feelings. Continue reading »
Assembly is a project of Lorea Sinclaire, canadian industrial designer, and the collaboration between a haptic wearable device and a network of proximity. The goal of this research project was to create a user experience that promotes safety and comfort in the urban environment.
The wearable device uses symbolic language to communicate a need or receive a notification. For example different touch gestures imply different meanings. Doing up a button will send out passive signals of your location. stroking the discrete lining of the hem will send out a ‘friend call’. A combination of two hands swiping the outer arms implies you need serious help.
This user interaction utilizes embroidered conductive thread as touch sensors, and an integrated GPS module to send out location. Continue reading »
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?