Miniature Books Collection Of Jozsef Tari
Jozsef Tari has been collecting miniature books since 1972, and is now the proud owner of over 4,500 literary works, including the world’s smallest book (2.9 x 3.2 mm). A printer by trade, Tari has always been fascinated by the written word, and in 1972 he began collecting miniature books.
Most of the items in his collection are in Hungarian, but he also has quite a few from the US, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Indonesia and Japan. Ironically, he only has a few books from the countries neighboring Hungary.
As far as topics are concerned, Jozsef Tari is interested in everything from religion to sports, literature and even cooking, but he only collects books that are 76 mm in size, or smaller.
His collection features books that are over 100 years old, but his most prized miniature is the world’s smallest book – it measures only 2.9 x 3.2 millimeters and fits into a nutshell.
Apart from the 4,500 books in his collection, Tari also has 15 kinds of miniature newspapers, including the smallest in the world, which measures only 19 x 26 mm.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 172,828 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 29,894 - Photography
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 7,607 - Inspirations
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 4,155 - Inspirations
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 3,685 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 2,394 - Photography
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 2,117 - Travel
- This Guy Photoshops His Dog Into A Giant In All His Pics And It’s Hilarious Views today: 1,397 - Inspirations
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’ Views today: 1,368 - Photography
- Artist Blends Modern Graffiti With Ancient Calligraphy To Create Stunning NSFW Pieces Using Naked Women’s Bodies As A Canvas Views today: 1,334 - Design
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s Views today: 1,168 - Photography
- “Memoirs Of The Geisha” – A Look Back At The Traditional Japanese Female Entertainers Views today: 1,162 - Photography
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 1,092 - Inspirations
- Meet Oreo, The World’s First Cat Nurse Views today: 1,010 - Animals
- The Amazing Makeup By Lucia Pittalis Views today: 991 - Inspirations