Miniature Books Collection Of Jozsef Tari
Jozsef Tari has been collecting miniature books since 1972, and is now the proud owner of over 4,500 literary works, including the world’s smallest book (2.9 x 3.2 mm). A printer by trade, Tari has always been fascinated by the written word, and in 1972 he began collecting miniature books.
Most of the items in his collection are in Hungarian, but he also has quite a few from the US, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Indonesia and Japan. Ironically, he only has a few books from the countries neighboring Hungary.
As far as topics are concerned, Jozsef Tari is interested in everything from religion to sports, literature and even cooking, but he only collects books that are 76 mm in size, or smaller.
His collection features books that are over 100 years old, but his most prized miniature is the world’s smallest book – it measures only 2.9 x 3.2 millimeters and fits into a nutshell.
Apart from the 4,500 books in his collection, Tari also has 15 kinds of miniature newspapers, including the smallest in the world, which measures only 19 x 26 mm.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Bees Under The Macro Lens
- Welcome To Heimat: An Enchanted NSFW Trip Through Bavaria With Photographer Ellen Von Unwerth
- Woman Flawlessly Retakes Her Study Abroad Photos, 30 Years Later
- Two Spain-Based Photographers Playfully Interact With Geometry Of Architecture In These Images
- Toilet Timer: The Anatomically Significant Sand Timer For Procrastinators
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- More Than 4,000 Photographs From The D-Day Invasion Of Normandy Are Now Available Online
- You Can Sleep In These Owl Cabins In France For Free, And Their Interior Is As Good As Exterior
- Glass Memorials That Contain The Ashes Of The Dead
- McDonald’s Launches New Clothing Line
- Photographer Kourtney Roy Makes Eerie Self-Portraits In Desolate Yet Dramatic Locations
- “Geometric Variants”, An Optical Illusion Photography Project By Erika Zolli
- The Spectacular Winners Of The 10th iPhone Photography Awards
- A Look Back At Playboy Bunny Girls
- Creative Mom Paints On Skylight To Make Her Daughter Go To Kindergarten Class
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- This Infinity Book Store Looks Like An Endless Tunnel Of Books
- When A Glimpse Of Stocking Was Something Shocking: Vintage NSFW Postcards Of 1920’s Flappers
- City Perspectives: Breathtaking Photography Of Hong Kong ‘Anthills’ By Victor Cheng
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- Mysterious Sinkhole Develops A Surprising And Beautiful Ecosystem In China