Inside Ciccolella, Italy’s Leading Producer of Cut Flowers
The free movement of goods in Europe has allowed a flower producer to bloom in an area of Italy with 15% unemployment. Photograph: Mario Laporta/Controluce
Ciccolella has about 100 hectares of greenhouses at its production sites in Italy.
An employee at the Candela site. Ciccolella is a family firm founded by farmers in the 1960s.
Ciccolella produces nearly 400m flowers per year.
Ciccolella produces 64 varieties of rose and 25 of anthurium.
Ciccolella was the first floricultural company listed in Europe.
Ciccolella is the leading European producer of roses.
An employee prepares flowers for sale. More than 40% of the produce goes through Europe.
Since Ciccolella bought three Dutch rivals in 2004, its flowers have become available across the continent.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Beautiful Photographs By Brock Elbank In Tribute To Freckles