Inside Ciccolella, Italy’s Leading Producer of Cut Flowers
The free movement of goods in Europe has allowed a flower producer to bloom in an area of Italy with 15% unemployment. Photograph: Mario Laporta/Controluce
Ciccolella has about 100 hectares of greenhouses at its production sites in Italy.
An employee at the Candela site. Ciccolella is a family firm founded by farmers in the 1960s.
Ciccolella produces nearly 400m flowers per year.
Ciccolella produces 64 varieties of rose and 25 of anthurium.
Ciccolella was the first floricultural company listed in Europe.
Ciccolella is the leading European producer of roses.
An employee prepares flowers for sale. More than 40% of the produce goes through Europe.
Since Ciccolella bought three Dutch rivals in 2004, its flowers have become available across the continent.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Artist Sums Up Our Everyday Lives In These Humorous One-Panel Comics