Girls of Octoberfest 2012
With the traditional tapping-ritual, the Oktoberfest has been opened on saturday, September 22, 2012. As usual, Christian Ude, mayor of the city of Munich, had the honour of declaring the Oktoberfest open. With two strikes he tapped the first barell of Oktoberfest beer at the Schottenhamel beer tent and let let the world know “O’zapft is!” – meaning that the barell has been successfully tapped – and wished everybody a peacefull Oktoberfest.
Despite the rather wet weather on saturday, the first weekend was te xpeted sucess: Approximately 850.000 guests from Munich, Bavaria, the rest of Germany and from all over the world came to visit the 179th Oktoberfest on the opening weekend. About one million liters of beer and about nine oxen have already been sold.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Cute Illustrations With the Soviet Mood From Anna Desnitskaya
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- Nostalgic & Thought-Provoking Illustrations by Gabriella Barouch
- This Carpet-Covered Lada Is the Most Soviet-Era Car Ever Made
- Creepy & Crawly Plush Sculptures by Hine Mizushima
- “Rest in Peace”: The Dark, Nightmarish and Bizarre Drawings by Dima Khramtsov
- Amazing Photos Capture Street Scenes of New York City in the 1990s
- Incredible Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Australia 2021 Photo Contest
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- The Superb 3D Digital Experimental Artworks by ☽༒༓N3XTgE№BR0K3R༓༒☾