Concept Ice Vehicle by Lotus
We can forget all about the price of gas when we get news like this. Sure, we’ll probably never ride in the Concept Ice Vehicle (CIV), but just knowing that folks at Lotus are working on things like this while we sleep… well, it’s like finding out that there is a Santa Claus.
The CIV was developed to aid research for the Moon Regan TransAntarctic Expedition. The biofuel powered, propeller-driven trike on skids is 4.5 meters long and 4.5 meters wide with an independent suspension all around. It also has an ice penetrating radar to detect crevasses and is light enough for a man to pull it across difficult terrain, which basically makes it an Elise for explorers. It also appears to have a spiked “foot” under the cockpit, perhaps for stopping on icy terrain.
The CIV will lead the way for two other, heavier support vehicles as the explorers make their way from one Antarctic coast to the other. If you think the CIV is cool, have a look at the Econoline van, each with six independently-driven 44″ tires. These monster vehicles were engineered by those kooky folks in, where else, Iceland. Check out the gallery of CIV photos below, and follow the jump for two videos of the slickest sled on snow.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Artist Illustrates The Most Famous Funny Cat Memes In Her Watercatlor Series
- Polish Artist Creates 27 Controversial Illustrations For Political Magazine
- Photographer Took Photos Of Strangers In The 1970s, And When 20 Years Passed, He Set Out To Find Them Again
- Famous Brands Get A Logo Makeover By A Canadian Artist To Better Reflect Their Brand Philosophy
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Stunning Photos Of Cyndi Lauper At Coney Island For Her Album “She’s So Unusual” In 1983
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Samer Khouzami’s Ultimate Beauty Makeup