Fan Builds Giant GeForce GTX 690 Replica with 11,396 Lego Pieces
Some fans build custom PC cases featuring our logo. Others have created virtual cities in the shape of the NVIDIA claw. And more than a few have gotten NVIDIA tattoos. A fan in China, however, has just hit our geek button, hard.
Inspired by a crude model of a competing company’s graphics card made of Lego-style bricks, NVIDIA fan Xiaosheng Li, 23 – a freelancer for Chinese websites DIYers and NFANs – decided he could do better. Much better.
The Beijinger kicked off his project in July by using Lego modeling software to create a digital mockup of his GeForce GTX 690. Then he acquired 11,396 Lego-style bricks.
Three months later, he finished off a humongous scale model – measuring nearly six feet long and more than two feet wide – complete with a working fan. His project caused a social media sensation in China after we sent over a photographer to document his work.
It’s a project that’s definitely catapulted its creator into the upper echelon of NVIDIA fans. He’s visited our headquarters, in Santa Clara, California. He’s got an autograph from our CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang. “I think I have already qualified to become history’s most powerful Nfan,” he wrote in a Chinese-language forum post, describing his feat.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- When Your Cat Meows, And You Meow Back…
- These Prank Stickers Will Make You The Most Hated Person In The Office
- Really Triggering Floor Designs That Will Annoy The Perfectionist In You
- The Isolator: This Insane Anti-Distraction Helmet From 1925 Would Fit Into Any Modern Open Office
- Bizarre Vintage Photos Of Steam Engines After A Boiler Explosion From The Late 19th And Early 20th Centuries
- Adorable Moment Baby Bear Cubs Grasp Paws and Dance Joyfully in a Circle
- How-To Survive A Deadly Global Virus: Visual Guide Wth A Style & Twist
- The Last Day For Tomorrow Future: Absolutely Amazing Digital Artworks Of Bryn Jones
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho