Fan Builds Giant GeForce GTX 690 Replica with 11,396 Lego Pieces
Some fans build custom PC cases featuring our logo. Others have created virtual cities in the shape of the NVIDIA claw. And more than a few have gotten NVIDIA tattoos. A fan in China, however, has just hit our geek button, hard.
Inspired by a crude model of a competing company’s graphics card made of Lego-style bricks, NVIDIA fan Xiaosheng Li, 23 – a freelancer for Chinese websites DIYers and NFANs – decided he could do better. Much better.
The Beijinger kicked off his project in July by using Lego modeling software to create a digital mockup of his GeForce GTX 690. Then he acquired 11,396 Lego-style bricks.
Three months later, he finished off a humongous scale model – measuring nearly six feet long and more than two feet wide – complete with a working fan. His project caused a social media sensation in China after we sent over a photographer to document his work.
It’s a project that’s definitely catapulted its creator into the upper echelon of NVIDIA fans. He’s visited our headquarters, in Santa Clara, California. He’s got an autograph from our CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang. “I think I have already qualified to become history’s most powerful Nfan,” he wrote in a Chinese-language forum post, describing his feat.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- The Monster Building: Photographer Tristan Zhou Captures Epic Photos Of Dystopian Asian Cityscapes
- These Funnily Terrible Portraits Of Famous People Drawn By This ‘Artist’ Are Awfully ‘Accurate’
- People Are Cracking Up At This Barber Who Shaved A Triangle On Client’s Head After Being Shown A Paused Video
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- Artist Redesignes Celebrities, Cartoon And Comic Characters To Look More “Serious”
- Enchanting Photographs Of A Misty English Wood By Neil Burnell
- Finnish Nightmares: An Irreverent Guide To Life’s Awkward Moments