Artist Spends Entire Year Drawing Giant Octopus Using Only Discarded Ballpoint Pens
When designer friends questioned the usefulness of ballpoint pens, artist Raymond Cicin took it as a challenge. He spent a year drawing this enormous, amazingly detailed octopus.
Proving that a good workman never blames his tools, Raymond took squid ink to a whole new level.
He used black, blue, and red ballpoint pens that his colleagues had thrown away.
And the result is nothing short of amazing.
He didn’t miss a single detail of the common octopus (or octopus vulgaris, trivia seekers).
Ta-da! The finished squid.
You can see Raymond’s other (smaller) illustrations completed with his new-found medium on Artsy.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Cute Illustrations With the Soviet Mood From Anna Desnitskaya
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- This Carpet-Covered Lada Is the Most Soviet-Era Car Ever Made
- “Rest in Peace”: The Dark, Nightmarish and Bizarre Drawings by Dima Khramtsov
- Creepy & Crawly Plush Sculptures by Hine Mizushima
- Incredible Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Australia 2021 Photo Contest
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Amazing Photos Capture Street Scenes of New York City in the 1990s
- The Superb 3D Digital Experimental Artworks by ☽༒༓N3XTgE№BR0K3R༓༒☾
- French Street Artist Paints 3D Creature Graffiti And It’s Not For The Faint Of Heart