The Most Polluted River in the World
Heavy pollution of river water by household and industrial waste in the Indonesian province of West Java is threatening the health of at least five million people living on the riverbanks, say government officials and water experts.
Poor sanitation and hygiene cause 50,000 deaths annually in Indonesia, with untreated sewage resulting in over six million tons of human waste being released into inland water bodies, according to an ongoing study by the World Bank.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- Person Uses Artificial Intelligence To Make Anime And Cartoon Characters Look More Realistic
- Artist Makes Streets Less Boring By Making Graffiti That Interacts With The Surroundings
- 35 Entrances, 3708 Apartments: Welcome to the Russian Kowloon Walled City!
- Giant Ninja Turtle Takes Over Minsk: Huge Leonardo Is Exploring the World of Soviet Architecture
- An Artist Duo Creates Miniature Post-Apopcalyptic Sculptures
- This Artist Photoshops Old Paperback Books With Ridiculous Titles
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- Incredible Typography Works of Jordan Metcalf
- Amazing Vintage Photographs of Linemen on Utility Poles at the Turn of 20th Century