Cosmic Speculation Garden
The Garden of Cosmic Speculation is a 30-acre private garden in Jencks’ own home in Portrack House, near Dumfries, Scotland. Inspired by the contemplative tradition of Japanese zen gardens, Persian paradise gardens, and French renaissance gardens, Charles Jencks and his late wife Maggie built the garden to explore the fundamental principles of the universe in their ultimate search for meaning. Enormous spiraling mounds rising several stories high portray the ‘science of complexity.’ The Universe Cascade is a series of steps ascending from a large pond which signifies the unfolding of the universe across billions of years.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?