British Pet Dog Gets Co-Pilot License
Graham Mountford with pet dog Callie inside the aircraft. A pooch pilot with more than 250 flying hours has become the only dog in the United Kingdom to have her own crew card.
Canine captain Callie, a chocolate Labrador, has flown 50,000 miles around the country with owner Graham Mountford in his Cessna 210 Centurion.
The three-year-old pet flies almost every weekend and has touched down at airports across the British Isles, including Cornwall, Wales and the Scottish Islands.
Callie has a special harness to strap her into the cockpit of the six-seater and always has a sausage waiting for her when she lands.
“She has been flying since she was 12 weeks old and is a very well-travelled dog,” said Mountford , 50, from Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire.
“I get a lot of comments and smiles when I land at an airport and people realize my co-pilot is a dog.” Mountford has been a private pilot for 13 years.
#pet #britain #dog
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread
- Amazing Photographs Capture Everyday Life in Spanish Harlem in the Mid-1980s
- Fabulous Portraits By Ukrainian Photo Artist Irina Dzhul