Dog Shopkeeper from Musashi-Koganei,Tokyo
A friendly Shiba Inu in Musashi-Koganei, Tokyo greets customers at the Shimada Cigarette Shop, and he is becoming somewhat of a local celebrity.
When customers of Shimada want to buy some cigarettes, they walk up to the counter and press a little chime. When the chime goes off, Shiba (his name, too) opens the sliding glass window with his paw, welcoming them to the shop. As word got around, visitors have been stopping by, sometimes not buying anything, but just to see him and say ‘hello’.
After the transaction (Shiba is not able to accept your money or take part in anything other than greeting you), he stays there, re-oping the window even if you close it. That apparently makes it hard to walk away, causing some commuters to miss their trains on the way to work.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread