Jilted Bride Turns Her Dress into a Piece of Art by Trashing It with Glitter and Paint
A woman whose fiancee called off their wedding, just days before it was due to take place, destroyed her once-pristine dress by covering it in paint, glitter and feathers in celebration of her ‘new beginning’.
Despite her heartache following the shock split from her fiancee, Shelby Swink, from Memphis, Tennessee, was determined that she wouldn’t ‘that girl who everyone had to tiptoe round’.
‘Six days before the ceremony, my ex-fiancé kind of sat me down and told me he was contemplating calling off the wedding,’ the 23-year-old told Fox News.
‘The next day came and he sat me down and was like, “You know, I’m just not in love with you and I don’t want to marry you, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
‘But I didn’t want to be that girl that everybody was tiptoeing around.’
So when her wedding photographer Elizabeth Hoard suggested that they organize a ‘trash the dress’ shoot – an increasingly popular ritual which sees jilted brides destroy their unused gowns by whatever means available – Shelby decided to embrace the idea head-on.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of Legendary Soviet Female Snipers From WWII, Including One Dubbed ‘Lady Death’ Who Killed 309 Nazis
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Thai Woman Cosplays As Zombie To Sell Dead People’s Clothes Online
- These Marine-Themed Cakes Are The Coolest Treats We’ve Seen In A While
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- What’s Wrong With Today’s Society Captured In Though-Provoking Illustrations By Al Margen
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers