Jilted Bride Turns Her Dress into a Piece of Art by Trashing It with Glitter and Paint
A woman whose fiancee called off their wedding, just days before it was due to take place, destroyed her once-pristine dress by covering it in paint, glitter and feathers in celebration of her ‘new beginning’.
Despite her heartache following the shock split from her fiancee, Shelby Swink, from Memphis, Tennessee, was determined that she wouldn’t ‘that girl who everyone had to tiptoe round’.
‘Six days before the ceremony, my ex-fiancé kind of sat me down and told me he was contemplating calling off the wedding,’ the 23-year-old told Fox News.
‘The next day came and he sat me down and was like, “You know, I’m just not in love with you and I don’t want to marry you, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
‘But I didn’t want to be that girl that everybody was tiptoeing around.’
So when her wedding photographer Elizabeth Hoard suggested that they organize a ‘trash the dress’ shoot – an increasingly popular ritual which sees jilted brides destroy their unused gowns by whatever means available – Shelby decided to embrace the idea head-on.
Source: The Daily Mail.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- “Rest in Peace”: The Dark, Nightmarish and Bizarre Drawings by Dima Khramtsov
- Outrageously Long Hair Of The Victorian Era Will Make You Gasp
- Artist George Coghill Creates Funny Cryptozoology and Paranormal Patches
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- This Man Collects People’s Drawings Made On A Map By Walking, Running, Cycling, Or Driving
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Man Photoshops Himself Into Series Of Hilarious Scenarios With Celebrities
- 35 Entrances, 3708 Apartments: Welcome to the Russian Kowloon Walled City!
- No Pants Subway Ride 2018