Every Holiday Caroline Eriksson Makes Something Crazy Out Of Gingerbread
Every Christmas, artist Caroline Eriksson has made something amazing out of gingerbread. It started back in 2013 when she made an Optimus Prime for a gingerbread contest. Since then she’s made a Xenomorph, dragon and even Darth Vader!
To create her gingerbread sculptures, Eriksson first builds an internal structure out of metal. The rest is simply gingerbread and melted sugar! For the curved areas, Eriksson says the pieces are soft and malleable if applied fresh out the oven. She also mentions that she adjusts her recipe to use twice the amount of syrup and no baking powder to make the gingerbread harder and give it a smoother surface.
As this is just a side project for fun, she says it takes about 3.5 weeks over a 2 month period (since she’s only working on it in her free time).
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Adorable German Shorthair Assumes Many Different Looks And Poses In Whimsical Photo Series
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Become A Poop Art Picasso Japan’s PooPaint Toilet Paper
- Baby Lion Playing With Autumn Leaves