Every Holiday Caroline Eriksson Makes Something Crazy Out Of Gingerbread
Every Christmas, artist Caroline Eriksson has made something amazing out of gingerbread. It started back in 2013 when she made an Optimus Prime for a gingerbread contest. Since then she’s made a Xenomorph, dragon and even Darth Vader!
To create her gingerbread sculptures, Eriksson first builds an internal structure out of metal. The rest is simply gingerbread and melted sugar! For the curved areas, Eriksson says the pieces are soft and malleable if applied fresh out the oven. She also mentions that she adjusts her recipe to use twice the amount of syrup and no baking powder to make the gingerbread harder and give it a smoother surface.
As this is just a side project for fun, she says it takes about 3.5 weeks over a 2 month period (since she’s only working on it in her free time).
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
- Dad And Daughter Recreates Iconic Scenes From 73 Famous Movies And TV Series
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing