Chinese Trend of the Day: It’s Totally Cool to Have a Sprout Growing Out of Your Hair
China’s fashion has grown in a greener direction compared to smog masks of yesteryear. These days, all the hip kids/adults are putting plastic sprout clips in their hair. The trend has taken over the streets of Beijing.
The Bejinger was kind enough to translate a Sohu article which tries to explain the fashion: “Rather than a political comment on Beijing’s stance towards pollution, the trend originates from an unspecified cosplay convention, after which time they became the latest hot way to maimeng (??), or act cute.”
You can buy them at many stores and they’re pretty cheap.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Night And Day: Striking Street Photography In Japan By James Takumi Shyegun
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- Artist Redesignes Celebrities, Cartoon And Comic Characters To Look More “Serious”
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- These Funnily Terrible Portraits Of Famous People Drawn By This ‘Artist’ Are Awfully ‘Accurate’
- Photographer Captures Socialist Architecture Of North Korea In Pastel Aesthetic
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s