Chinese Trend of the Day: It’s Totally Cool to Have a Sprout Growing Out of Your Hair
China’s fashion has grown in a greener direction compared to smog masks of yesteryear. These days, all the hip kids/adults are putting plastic sprout clips in their hair. The trend has taken over the streets of Beijing.
The Bejinger was kind enough to translate a Sohu article which tries to explain the fashion: “Rather than a political comment on Beijing’s stance towards pollution, the trend originates from an unspecified cosplay convention, after which time they became the latest hot way to maimeng (??), or act cute.”
You can buy them at many stores and they’re pretty cheap.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Here’s How Some of Rock and Roll Legends Would Look Like Today If They Weren’t Dead
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Is It A Billboard? No, It’s A Building!
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- Artist Portrays Mystical Creatures In Their Vulnerable Form – When They Were Still Babies
- The Apocalypse Of Pop Culture By Filip Hodas
- “Let The Water Be Your Guide”: The Ultra-Realistic Watercolor Paintings Of Marcos Beccari
- Sleeping With The Devil: A Weird And Wonderful Collection Of Medieval Bedroom Hijinks With Creatures From Hell
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations