Chinese Trend of the Day: It’s Totally Cool to Have a Sprout Growing Out of Your Hair
China’s fashion has grown in a greener direction compared to smog masks of yesteryear. These days, all the hip kids/adults are putting plastic sprout clips in their hair. The trend has taken over the streets of Beijing.
The Bejinger was kind enough to translate a Sohu article which tries to explain the fashion: “Rather than a political comment on Beijing’s stance towards pollution, the trend originates from an unspecified cosplay convention, after which time they became the latest hot way to maimeng (??), or act cute.”
You can buy them at many stores and they’re pretty cheap.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- 25 Redesigns Of Famous Logos And Some Of Them Are Better Than The Original
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- Brazilian Artist Draws Realistic Portraits that Look Like Photographs
- “Tears in the Rain”: The Superb Digital Sci-Fi Concept Artworks by Daniel Liang
- This Illustrator Draws Everyday Situations That Are So Familiar It’s Like Looking in the Mirror
- This Artist Started Micro Crocheting As An Experiment, And Now She Creates Tiny Animals And Plants Using Needle And Thread