Alluring And Emotive Multimedia Works By Candice Bohannon
California based artist Candice Bohannon creates alluring and emotive figurative works using a multitude of media. Her subjects are often portrayed alone and drifting into sleep, emoting solitude and tranquility in their quieter moments.
In her statement, Bohannon describes her work as “the invisible yet perceptible quality of awareness, emotions, experiences, memories and expectations, the ethereal nature of the human soul and a searching for comfort and familiarity in the sublime unknown.”
Although her images are highly representative, there is a layered poetry behind each image. She aims to capture the truths of her subjects’ being while also forming a connection to the viewer through their gaze.
Bohannon finds inspiration in the mysterious gazes of subjects of mid-15th century Flemish and Netherlandish artists like Hans Memling, Jan Van Eyck, Rogier Van der Weyden, and Petrus Christus. Classically trained, she regularly experiments with new materials and techniques, however she can obtain the right mood and texture; most works combine oil and acrylics, but she has also created encaustic or hot wax paintings, ink on mylar, and oil on panel works.
Last year, she also began experimenting with oil painting on marble. At her Instagram, Bohannon goes into great detail about the artistic process behind each piece. Take a look at more of her works below, courtesty of the artist.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- The Winners Of Hasselblad Masters 2021 Photo Competition
- Fascinating Black and White Pictures of New York Street Life in the Late 1960s
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers