If Disney Characters Used Instagram, This Is What You’d See
Like many of us, freelancer Italian illustrator Simona Bonafini grew up with all manner of childhood characters from Hercules, Alice In Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty to Cinderella and Aladdin.
But whilst their animated debuts captured the imagination of millions around the world several decades ago, imagine if they were released today. You wouldn’t find them in comic books or graphic novels – you’d find them on Instagram taking all manner of selfies and photos with their fictional friends.
That was all the inspiration Bonafini needed to create a series of illustrations which encapsulate just that – all the traits and characteristics of our favourite childhood heroes played out for all to see on Instagram. Naturally Hercules is all about his six-pack, just as much as Aladdin is obsessed with taking those couples selfies with Princess Jasmine.
It’s a fun and gorgeously illustrated look at two worlds colliding – the animated heroes of old with ongoing rise of our digital world.
More Disney mashups on Design You Trust: If Disney Princesses Had Realistic Hair, If Disney Couples Starred in “Fifty Shades of Grey”, Jurassic Park Disney Princesses, How Disney Princes Would Look In Real Life, Disney Girls in Real Life: An Artist Reimagined Some Of Disney’s Most Famous Princess, Disney Princesses In Their Old Age and much MORE!
Via So Bad So Good
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Schlörwagen: The Bizarre German Car from 1939 that Was Super-Aerodynamic but Very Impractical
- How To Look Smart In Zoom Meetings, an Illustrated Guide by Sarah Cooper
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- ‘Dental Plumper’ Jaw Prosthetic Worn by Marlon Brando in The Godfather, 1972
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Artist Criticizes Our Society By Showing Two Different Sides Of The Same Story
- Indian Paper Artist Creates Mindblowing Papercuts
- Artist Places People From Classical Paintings Into Modern Reality And They Fit Just Right
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s