Dad Transforms His Adorable 4-Month-Old Son Into A Real-Life Elf On The Shelf
Photographer Alan Lawrence is now creatively celebrating the holidays with his 4-month-old son Rockwell. Instead of buying his kids an Elf on the Shelf, the dad instead went in a different direction: he made Rockwell the elf.
“We have never had an Elf on the Shelf in our home but the idea has always intrigued me. Parents letting elves in their homes to watch their kids and cause mischief,” Lawrence explained to BuzzFeed.
“Then one day someone told us that Rockwell looked like an elf and the idea came to me. What if a real life elf came to live with us for the holidays and how would I react in real life to having it show up to live with us?”
Lawrence soon had an answer to his question because Rockwell was transformed into an absolutely adorable elf. In his bright red costume (complete with a pointy hat), the little boy can be seen playfully causing mischief all over the house, each of his high jinks caught in a sweet series of photos. Beneath each image, Lawrence writes a story that adds to the fun nature of this project, which he hopes to continue every day until Christmas.
“We love sharing our family’s story,” says Lawrence. “I just feel blessed to be a dad and want the world to know how fun it can be when you don’t take life so serious.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Photos of the 1961 Ford Gyron
- Trench Crusade: The Epic Bizarre Creatures of Mike Franchina
- Cool Photos Defined Fashion Styles of Young Women in the 1970s
- Schlörwagen: The Bizarre German Car from 1939 that Was Super-Aerodynamic but Very Impractical
- Beautiful Photos of Margaux Hemingway in the 1970s and ’80s
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Artist Cosmo Draws Emotional Acid Portraits in Anime Style
- Of Robots and Humans: Superb Fan Art Illustrations of MinemikoMali
- Artist Places People From Classical Paintings Into Modern Reality And They Fit Just Right