Devoted Husband Plants & Harvests 4.5 Miles Of Sunflowers To Fulfill Wife’s Dying Wish
When Don Jacquish lost his wife Babette to cancer, he was determined to fulfil her dying wish of selling sunflower seeds to raise money for others battling the disease.
In brief moments of remission, Babette mentioned starting a business selling the seeds from her favorite flowers to raise money for cancer research and patients.
So a month after Babette passed away, grieving Don planted 4.5 miles of sunflowers along a Wisconsin highway in honor of his beloved wife.
He told USA Today: “Everyone that ever met Babette fell in love with her. I was just lucky enough to be the guy she fell in love with.” Don tearfully added: “The part I miss the most is holding her hand.”
But as autumn came and the flowers began to die, Don knew he could continue his wife’s legacy and help others suffering from cancer by carrying out Babette’s dream.
Don covered acres of land in his combine harvester to collect the sunflower seeds to be bagged and sold.
Now, Babette’s Seeds of Hope are on sale, raising money for hospitals, medical research, and patient advocacy.
During chemotherapy sessions, Babette wrote notes to her family saying that “there is no guarantee I will get to see the sunrise tomorrow”, but brave Babette remained “thankful for today”.
Don hopes that the bright yellow flowers will inspire the same joy and positivity that Babette expressed — even in her darkest moments.
“[Babette] suffered a lot and knows how many other families are suffering; we’re hoping that the money will be able to make a difference.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- The Jaw-Dropping Photography by Kaiyhun
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Russian Mother Takes Amazing Intimate Portraits Of Her Kids With Animals
- Gallery Archives The Bizarre Tradition Of African Popular Bootleg Movie Posters, And They’re So Bad They’re Good
- Beautiful Vintage Portraits of Björk in the 1980s
- Artist Imagines How History’s Most Famous Painters Might Decorate Their Homes Based On The Color Pallettes Of Their Paintings
- The Superb Comics About Silly Things And Weird Situations By Will Santino