This Artist Spent 10 Years Carving A Giant Cave – Alone With His Dog
For the last 10 years, American artist Ra Paulette has been walking alone into New Mexico’s desert to work. He spends his time carving a sandstone cave that he found, turning it into a wonderful subterranean space full of light.
With no one but his dog for company, Paulette created different designs and styles for every cavern, giving each one very specific qualities and textures.
The purpose of this gigantic artwork is to create an environment that would inspire “spiritual renewal and personal well being.” It will also serve as a venue for artistic events once it’s finished.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- “Rite of Passage”: Striking Vintage Photos of Florida Spring Break in the ‘80s
- The Most Creative Photos Of The World Naked Gardening Day 2020, Even In Isolation
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Outstanding Architectural Rings By Ola Shekhtman
- 30 Inspiring Photos From One Eyeland 2020 Awards
- French Artist Creates Surrealistic Images That Show A Post-Apocalyptic World Overtaken By Nature
- “Desperate Dreams”: Awesome Retro-Styled Illustrations by Karolis Strautniekas
- How People Look After 1, 2 & 3 Glasses Of Wine
- “Watching the Tides Roll Away”: The Unique Upside Down Universe of Irie Wata