This Artist Spent 10 Years Carving A Giant Cave – Alone With His Dog
For the last 10 years, American artist Ra Paulette has been walking alone into New Mexico’s desert to work. He spends his time carving a sandstone cave that he found, turning it into a wonderful subterranean space full of light.
With no one but his dog for company, Paulette created different designs and styles for every cavern, giving each one very specific qualities and textures.
The purpose of this gigantic artwork is to create an environment that would inspire “spiritual renewal and personal well being.” It will also serve as a venue for artistic events once it’s finished.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Photographer Ask Strangers To Reveal Their Deepest Regrets In Life
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- Japanese Twitter Falls In Meme Love With Perfectly Timed Photo Of One-Punch Shiba Inu
- 30 Artists’ Tributes To The Iconic Notre-Dame Cathedral
- An Instagram Account Dedicated To Learning Basic French Through Beautiful Typography
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- Our Deepest Darkest Fears Turned Into Terrifying Cartoons