What Does The Ideal Man Look Like? The Answer May Depend On Where You Live
In 2014, journalist Esther Honig created a fascinating project titled Before & After, where she asked over 40 Photoshop enthusiasts in 25 different countries to “make her beautiful.” She sent them an unadulterated photo of herself, and the results were astounding. Her appearance changed drastically based on the standards of beauty in that particular culture. Inspired by this project, UK-based Superdrug Online Doctor asked graphic designers—11 women and eight men—in 19 different countries to transform a New York-based photographer into their version of a culturally-attractive man.
According to Denise Hatton, Chief Executive of YMCA England, Perceptions of Perfection highlights a growing male issue. “Our own research found that 40% of men in the UK felt pressure from television and magazines to have a ‘perfect’ body and this has negative effects on how they view themselves and others.”
Don’t miss our previous post: “How Do Perceptions Of Beauty Vary Across The Globe?”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’
- This German Grandma Spends 30 Thousand Euros To Tattoo Her Whole Body
- ‘Vertical Forest’ in Chinese Residential Complex Becomes Mosquito-Infested Jungle
- This Lithuanian Woman Has The Greatest Facebook Profile Pictures Ever
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- For the Last Decade, Artist and Collector Thomas Sauvin Recovered Discarded Negatives from A Recycling Plant Outside Beijing
- Summer 2020 Men’s Weird Fashion Collection: Skirts And Dresses!
- Running In The Night: The Superb ’80s Cyberpunk Artworks By Daniele Gasparini