A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians
A private collection of 19th century vintage photographs owned by writer, photographer and historian, Valerie Wilmer. The collection features a most comprehensive and unique portfolio of ‘cartes-de-visite’ and cabinet cards, particularly rare portraiture of Black Britons.
Wilmer’s current collection reveals her sustained effort in building a unique and extensive anthology on Black Britain. An accomplished photographer, in her own right, Wilmer’s photographic works are part of the collection of the Victoria and Albert Musuem and the National Portrait Gallery.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wearing Futuristic Protective Suits, Washington State Crews Destroy First US Murder Hornet Nest
- Beautiful Bizarre: Weird and Wonderful Post-Mortem Fairy Tales by Mothmeister
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Wear Mask. Save Live”: Borat Had Made Hilarious Appearances on Major Landmarks Across the UK
- The Most Diabolically Evil-Looking Buildings In The World
- Artist Raises Thousands for Charity with Hilarious Pet Portraits
- Austria Postal Service Prints Coronavirus-Themed Stamp on Toilet Paper