A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians
A private collection of 19th century vintage photographs owned by writer, photographer and historian, Valerie Wilmer. The collection features a most comprehensive and unique portfolio of ‘cartes-de-visite’ and cabinet cards, particularly rare portraiture of Black Britons.
Wilmer’s current collection reveals her sustained effort in building a unique and extensive anthology on Black Britain. An accomplished photographer, in her own right, Wilmer’s photographic works are part of the collection of the Victoria and Albert Musuem and the National Portrait Gallery.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Slinningsbålet: The Battle For The Biggest Bonfire In The World
- Sweet Comics By Luong Thuy Show What Being In A Relationship Is Like