A Private Collection Of 19th Century Photographs Of Black Victorians
A private collection of 19th century vintage photographs owned by writer, photographer and historian, Valerie Wilmer. The collection features a most comprehensive and unique portfolio of ‘cartes-de-visite’ and cabinet cards, particularly rare portraiture of Black Britons.
Wilmer’s current collection reveals her sustained effort in building a unique and extensive anthology on Black Britain. An accomplished photographer, in her own right, Wilmer’s photographic works are part of the collection of the Victoria and Albert Musuem and the National Portrait Gallery.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Artist Sums Up Our Everyday Lives In These Humorous One-Panel Comics
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets