Asymmetric Nature Houses Along The Danish Archipelago By LUMO Architects
Along the coast of Denmark in the South Fyn archipelago, there are islands known for their natural and nature-abundant landscape. Giving visitors an opportunity to be involved in the rural outdoors, Aarhus-based firm LUMO Architects have designed a series of shelter constructions and campsites along the islands of Skarø, Drejø, Birkholm and Ærø.
Scattered over 19 locations, the perfect ‘blue landmark’ covers appear as asymmetrical bodies with angled lines. Clad with large wood chips arranged with black-pigmented wood tar oil, the randomly displaced openings look-out and frame the around nature and at night, the lunar orbit across the night sky can be observed. Five different volumes have been placed, each varying in size and function while maintaining a constant spatial relationship.
The asymmetric forms are suggestive of the various shelter types arising from the traditional huts used by fishermen to store their catch, and thus, influencing the names of each one: ‘Monkfish’ – containing 3 levels and combined bird-watching platform; ‘Garfish’ – a 6-7 person overnight shelter that extends as picnic space for school classes; ‘Lumpfish’ – a 3-5 person overnight accommodation with stay and sauna area; the ‘Flounder’ – a 2 person overnight shelter; and finally the ‘Eelpout’ – which functions as the lavatory.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- Once You See These Rare Historical Photos, You’ll Never Forget Them
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- Valentin Pavageau, the Traveler of a Psychedelic Universe
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s