Stunning Colorized Photos Of Legendary Soviet Female Snipers From WWII, Including One Dubbed ‘Lady Death’ Who Killed 309 Nazis
Stunning colorized images have given new life to WWII female snipers who protected their territory against German attacks, including the most successful female sniper in history, Lyudmila Pavlichenko also known as ‘Lady Death’.
Roza Shanina was one of the 800,000 women who fought in Russia.
The photographs were colorized by Moscow artist Olga Shirnina.
“There are very few [color or colorized] images with Red Army soldiers, I decided to fill this gap,” She said. “Sometimes a picture can say more than many words and I’ll be glad if people learn more about Russia and its people through my colorings.”
Olga Shirnina became popular thanks to her Flickr page, where she posts colorized versions of historical photographs. She mostly posts photographs from the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union, as well as pictures of Hollywood celebrities from the previous century.
Lyuba Makarova was one of the 800,000 women who served in Russia during WWII.
Lyudmila Pavlichenko pictured smiling in her uniform.
Roza Shanina, who was responsible for 59 kills in WWII.
Ziba Ganiyeva was one of the Russian women fighting against Nazi Germany during WWII.
Lyudmila Pavlichenko is the most successful female sniper in history.
Sniper Yevgenia Makeeva killed 68 Nazi soldiers during WWII.
Beautiful blonde Roza Shanina, who was responsible for 59-confirmed kills.
Women of the Central Women’s School of Sniper Training, 1943.
Roza Shanina was one of the 800,000 women who served in the Soviet Armed Forces during the war as a sniper.
‘Lady Death’ is pictured wearing full uniform beneath a framed picture of Soviet dictator, Joseph Stalin.
Sniper volunteer Nadezhda Kolesnikova is pictured smiling alongside her weapon.
Roza Shanina had a high success rate during her time working in WWII fighting against Nazi Germany.
Lyudmila Pavlichenko Soviet sniper during World War II. Credited with 309 kills the most successful female sniper in history.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Maggie Out: Striking And Depressive Photographs Captured Everyday Life In Glasgow In 1980
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects
- Photographer Asked 16 Artists To Draw His Portrait Photos In Their Own Style, And The Result Is Fabulous!
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The World Sports Photography Awards 2020
- This 16-Year-Old Vegan Teenager Turns His Food Into Stunning Art
- Brilliant Book Dedications
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape