These Awkward Mid-Century Amateur Modelling Photos
Tyne and Wear Archives presents a set of images taken by the Newcastle-based firm Turners (Photography) Ltd. They were taken in mid ’60s by the firm on is own account for possible use in their advertising campaigns. Turners frequently hired models to help promote their work and to encourage sales in their shops. Some of the shots are humorous or bizarre while others are quite suggestive.
The images are fascinating for what they tell us about the times that produced them – the fashions, the attitudes, the technology … Most of the images are quirky and almost seem to invite comments. If you’d like to suggest alternative captions we’d be delighted to hear them!
- “Dreams Of Sensuality”: Beautiful Art Nude Photography By Dani Fehr
- Stroyboard Artist Marty Cooper Inserts Cartoons Into Real-World Situations
- “Beauty Will Save The World”: Meet Sergei Lenin, The Master Of Beauty And Nude Photography From Russia
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Gorgeous NSFW Female Portraits By The Russian Photographer Marat Safin
- Sensual Self-Portrait Photography By Johanna Punz
- Marvelous NSFW Female Portrait Photography By Darren Ankenman
- Sensual NSFW Female Nude Photography By Alisa Verner
- Designer 3D Prints Famous Logos Into Items You Can Use Everyday
- “Weird Faces”: An Algorithm Based Project That Creates An Infinite Collection Of Fun Looking Sketched Faces
- How People With Bad Eyesight See The World When They Take Off Their Glasses
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Vintage Photos Of Lumberjacks Who Felled Big Trees Using Only Hand Tools In The Early 20th Century
- Photos Show Chinese Factory Workers Making ‘Trump 2020’ Flags