These Awkward Mid-Century Amateur Modelling Photos
Tyne and Wear Archives presents a set of images taken by the Newcastle-based firm Turners (Photography) Ltd. They were taken in mid ’60s by the firm on is own account for possible use in their advertising campaigns. Turners frequently hired models to help promote their work and to encourage sales in their shops. Some of the shots are humorous or bizarre while others are quite suggestive.
The images are fascinating for what they tell us about the times that produced them – the fashions, the attitudes, the technology … Most of the images are quirky and almost seem to invite comments. If you’d like to suggest alternative captions we’d be delighted to hear them!
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- This Is How The Practical Miniatures For Blade Runner 2049 Were Created
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- This ‘Swim Reaper’ Instagram Account Is Absolute Gold
- Stunning Finalists Of The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
- Hammond Fever! Vintage Sexy And NSFW Hammond Organ Album Covers
- “Neon Dreams”: Photographer Matthieu Bühler Explores The Streets Of Tokyo At Night
- Artist Illustrates What Would Happen If Movies And TV Shows Were Made In Real Life
- The Girl with the Octopus Butt Tattoo!
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Burning Man 2017: Stunning Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- “The Struggle For Utopia”: Everyday Soviet Life In Magnificent Photos By Semyon Friedland
- “Peace, Love, Music And Mud”: LIFE At Woodstock In 1969
- This Lighting Collection Is Designed To Look Like Sausages In A Butcher Shop
- Architect Carlo Mollino’s Secret Stash Of NSFW Erotic Polaroids
- Russian Artist Makes Beautiful Space Themed Calendar For The Year 2018
- This Street Library In Bulgaria Encourages People To Read
- Remarkable Photos Of Manhattan By Berenice Abbott From 1935
- Artist Aditya Aryanto Continues To Transform Animals Into Geometric Shapes – Meet Animal Balls!
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Satirical NSFW Illustrations Of Today’s Problems By Gunduz Agayev
- Australian Bureau Of Meteorology’s 2018 Calendar
- Beautiful Black And White Portraits Of Celebrities Taken By Kate Barry
- Colorful Concept Artworks By Kaloyan Stoyanov
- Incredible Ice Sculptures By Darren Jackson