This Elderly Couple Bought Their Household Appliances In 1950s, 50 Years Later They Still Work!
Sydney and Rachel Saunders from Exeter, UK, an elderly couple, both in their 80s, have been using the same home appliances that they bought over half a century ago! Their tumble dryer, boiler, cooker, and washing machine cost them just £146 GBP ($193 USD) when they first purchased them way back in 1956, and somewhat incredibly, they continue to work to this day.
“Things were made better in those days, they were more durable and stronger,” said Mr Saunders, a retired accountant. “We were given the washing machine when we were married – 62 years ago – and the last time it was used was 12 years ago,” added his wife Rachel, a retired carer. “As far as I know it’s still in full working order, it just leaks a bit. You just don’t get appliances made like that today.”
The couple have finally decided to part with their antique appliances after all these years, but Mr Saunders isn’t bothered about how much they might get for selling them.
“I’d like them to go to a museum or something like that so they can be preserved,” he said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- “Tomorrow Never Came”: The Dystopian Worlds of Abel Chan Arce
- Style Accessories Made From The Most Random Stuff You Can Find In Your Home By This Canadian Artist
- The Hyperrealistic 3D Sculpting Works by Marianna Yakimova
- “In The Midnight”: Denny Busyet Creates Dreamlike Artwork Inspired by 80s and 90s Aesthetic Nostalgia Fuelled by Synthwave
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Black and White Celebrity Photographs Taken by Dennis Hopper in the 1960s
- Floral Aesthetic Tattoo Concepts by Jessie Cohen