This Elderly Couple Bought Their Household Appliances In 1950s, 50 Years Later They Still Work!
Sydney and Rachel Saunders from Exeter, UK, an elderly couple, both in their 80s, have been using the same home appliances that they bought over half a century ago! Their tumble dryer, boiler, cooker, and washing machine cost them just £146 GBP ($193 USD) when they first purchased them way back in 1956, and somewhat incredibly, they continue to work to this day.
“Things were made better in those days, they were more durable and stronger,” said Mr Saunders, a retired accountant. “We were given the washing machine when we were married – 62 years ago – and the last time it was used was 12 years ago,” added his wife Rachel, a retired carer. “As far as I know it’s still in full working order, it just leaks a bit. You just don’t get appliances made like that today.”
The couple have finally decided to part with their antique appliances after all these years, but Mr Saunders isn’t bothered about how much they might get for selling them.
“I’d like them to go to a museum or something like that so they can be preserved,” he said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Russian Riviera”: Resort City of Yalta in Stunning Photos by Martin Parr
- No Necks! There’s an Instagram Account That Posts Animals Without Necks.
- Attractive Female Portraits By Natalia Ivanova That Show How Diverse And Beautiful Humans Are
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- First Photo Shoots Of Angelina Jolie When She Was 15 Years Old
- Stunning Photographs Reveal The Realities Of New Brighton, A Working Class Seaside Resort In Northern England, During The 1980s
- Inside China’s Trash Park Where Bentleys And Mercedes Worths Millions Are Abandoned By Their Rich Owners
- Stunning Vintage Photos That Capture New York’s Subway Since The ’80s
- End Embarrassment: The Playful and Fun Toilet Paper Rolls from Japan
- Russian Stylist Gives 35 People Extreme Makeovers And You’ll Hardly Believe They’re The Same People