This Elderly Couple Bought Their Household Appliances In 1950s, 50 Years Later They Still Work!
Sydney and Rachel Saunders from Exeter, UK, an elderly couple, both in their 80s, have been using the same home appliances that they bought over half a century ago! Their tumble dryer, boiler, cooker, and washing machine cost them just £146 GBP ($193 USD) when they first purchased them way back in 1956, and somewhat incredibly, they continue to work to this day.
“Things were made better in those days, they were more durable and stronger,” said Mr Saunders, a retired accountant. “We were given the washing machine when we were married – 62 years ago – and the last time it was used was 12 years ago,” added his wife Rachel, a retired carer. “As far as I know it’s still in full working order, it just leaks a bit. You just don’t get appliances made like that today.”
The couple have finally decided to part with their antique appliances after all these years, but Mr Saunders isn’t bothered about how much they might get for selling them.
“I’d like them to go to a museum or something like that so they can be preserved,” he said.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- The Future Imagined in Albert Robida’s “La vie électrique,” 1890
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Photos of Mark Frechette and Daria Halprin During the Filming of ‘Zabriskie Point’, 1970
- There’s a Gaming Pc Hidden Inside This Incredible Gaming Den Diorama