Artists Around The World React To H&M’s Controversial Ad
The famous clothing brand H&M has recently published an ad for its new hoodie that reads “Coolest monkey in the jungle.” Sounds innocent, but the reason behind all the anger it caused was a black boy modelling for that ad, which was not well received all around the world.
Some people claimed that while the ad was probably an oversight, it was also quite deaf and insensitive. In South Africa it even resulted in burning, trashing and stealing clothes from H&M’s stores. Artists around the world, however, reacted in a way they know best – they turned the offensive hoodie into something positive by creating beautiful works of art.
- Serbian Photographer Exposes Stunning Photos Of Daily Life In Moscow, Russia You’ve Never Seen Before
- Stefan Koidl Continues To Create Spooky Illustrations, And You Shouldn’t Click If You’re Easily Frightened
- Someone In Colorado Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Natalia Fabia Paints Seductive And Sparkling Women
- Albania’s Graveyard Of Soviet-Era MiGs
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Miyu Kojima Creates Miniature Replicas Of Lonely Deaths
- 2018 Has Been Scary: We’ve Got The Posters To Prove It
- Meet The Arist Filling Potholes With Mosaics Of NYC Vermin