Artists Around The World React To H&M’s Controversial Ad
The famous clothing brand H&M has recently published an ad for its new hoodie that reads “Coolest monkey in the jungle.” Sounds innocent, but the reason behind all the anger it caused was a black boy modelling for that ad, which was not well received all around the world.
Some people claimed that while the ad was probably an oversight, it was also quite deaf and insensitive. In South Africa it even resulted in burning, trashing and stealing clothes from H&M’s stores. Artists around the world, however, reacted in a way they know best – they turned the offensive hoodie into something positive by creating beautiful works of art.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Snowlandia – World’s Largest Snow Labyrinth Opens In Poland
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- Sensual Female Portraits By The Russian Painter Andrei Markin
- “Nightshift”: An Illuminated Glimpse Into Shanghai’s Late Night Shops And Stalls
- This Artist Creates Stunning Products Made Out Of Bicycle Air Chambers
- No, This Is Not Skyrim, This Is Czech Prachov Rocks In Bohemian Paradise
- “Motherland”: Photos Of Unfeigned Russia By Simon Roberts
- Breathtaking Drone Imagery Tops Dronestagram’s Annual Photo Awards